Review of Korian: Ark of the Fallen King

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nicole Adam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-adam.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Review of Korian: Ark of the Fallen King

Post by Nicole Adam »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Korian: Ark of the Fallen King" by Giorgio Garofalo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

They say when the going gets tough, the tough get going. There is no better way to describe this book. Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo is a fantasy book about courage, will, fate, loyalty, betrayal, trust, and greed. Beware of the darkness that looms in your heart, so it won't be used against you by the forces of darkness.

Adam Hades, being driven by greed for power and the obsession to rule, ended up ruining the earth. Now he is on to Endura and wants to rule it by the forces of darkness. Korain, the son of Zoren (Oren), has been chosen to be the Azura. With his most trusted friends, Doric, Gred, Tana, Crogan, and Zohar, he sets out to find the life pod that Adam Hades seeks. With the rest of his friends and people held captive, and Golin, now a traitor, they set out on the quest to find the pods before Adam Hades and Aaron does. Will they succeed or will they fail?

This book turned out to be much more than I expected it to be. It's thrilling, interesting, enjoyable, and has just the right dose of action. Although it's the second book of the Korian series, it can still serve as a standalone book. The writer's style is one thing I liked. The way he crafted the storyline at a steady pace made me glued to the book. Another aspect I liked is that the characters are well-developed, and it's easy to feel what they feel and also relate with them as a reader. Just like when Gred, the giant was almost left behind to die, all because he couldn't pass through a small hole. Another thing is that this book teaches so much about loyalty and trust. Even when Golin betrayed them, they still had faith and believed that there was good in him. Reading this book was never a disappointment.

I found nothing to hate about this book. All I can say is that it was worth the read. The inclusion of different vocabularies made it quite challenging to read, though, as I had to go check out the words. But thanks to the glossary at the end of the book, it wasn't all that challenging. I still enjoyed the little task. Although this book is amazing and interesting, I found a few typos in the book. These typos didn't disrupt the flow of the book at all. I found only five, making this book professionally edited. I believe another round of editing will do.

Finally, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I believe it is well deserved for my rating because of my praises. The little typos didn't affect the book, and I believe it would be quite enjoyable to others as well. I recommend this book to lovers of sci-fi and fantasy books. Those who love magic and action-packed books would also find this book to be a great read.

Korian: Ark of the Fallen King
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”