Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Luwi Nyakansaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luwi-nyakansaila.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Luwi Nyakansaila »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is an epic fantasy novel set in the fictional land of Voulhire. This is a vast world filled with magical beings and mythical objects. The people living in these lands have different histories, cultures, politics, religions, and ways of living.

This book mainly follows the story of Lord Eldus and Galen. Eldus Alderman is the newly appointed Lord of Hillport Town. The town of Hillport lost both of its previous lords under questionable circumstances. The first was accused of heinous crimes and gruesomely executed by the second lord. The second Lord was a powerful magical being who gets accused of crimes by the King and sentenced to death. Galen on the other hand has just arrived in Voulhire from a war-torn land. He has newfound wealth from his mysterious late blacksmith uncle. He wishes to continue on this path and build a better life for himself.

I appreciate the hard work the author put into creating this fantasy world. The extended reading website and the book showed his tireless work ethic and determination. The names of characters, cities, towns, and things were unique. My favorite character is Galen because he is very relatable. He is new to Voulhire, and I loved the adventure of reading about his journey through the cities of Voulhire.

Although I enjoyed reading this story, I must confess that the story was not easy to follow. There were many points of view, and the storylines were confusing. The middle of the story was easier to follow, but the beginning and the end were all over the place. Despite this, the story has an intriguing charm to it. The more the confusion, the more I wanted to know what would happen next. I must attest, the story is quite compelling.

I enjoyed discovering all the various aspects of Voulhire. The author made It seem like a real place in our realm. The political, religious, and cultural similarities to the real world made the world more relatable. This book does not contain any spelling or grammatical errors, but contains profanity and violent scenes. I give this book a 4 out of 4 stars rating. The author is creative, and he did a great job.

The story of Voulhire and its people is a captivating fantasy story. Readers who enjoy adventure and discovering magical places and beings, this is the book for you. The lore was very detailed and made this book a must-read for people who love to get invested in fictional culture, history, and tradition. I would not recommend this book to minors because it contains profane words and has graphic violent scenes. Read this book today and discover the vast and unique world of Voulhire.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”