Review of Resonant

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abdulwahab Maryam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdulwahab-maryam.html
Latest Review: The Inner CEO by Jeremy Blain

Review of Resonant

Post by Abdulwahab Maryam »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Resonant" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

According to Robert Leet's book Resonant, a retired mathematician named Joseph Tenatt had a gift for playing musical instruments. He was another retired man who spent his days drinking coffee, playing with his cats, and socializing with his neighbors while listening to music. Joe persuades a friend to apply for a position with the navy's whale program at the start of the narrative after recognizing that the girl will be put in danger as a result of her involvement.

The book includes information about Joseph Tenatt's entire life in addition to its main goal of deciphering the whale's language. After 15 years of widowhood, he embarks on a voyage of self-discovery and comes to realize the immeasurable importance of support and love. The discoveries, the make-up of matter, and the universe's beginning are also displayed. All of the book's characters are enigmatic, unbelievably likeable, and come from various backgrounds. The novel offers a plethora of knowledge; the science presented and the manner in which it was put together demonstrated thought and research.

In addition to learning a lot about humpback whale communication and their possible history of interactions with humans, I found this book to be quite interesting. A comparison has been made between the way that certain musical instruments reverberate when played and the way that humpback whales communicate. The language of these amazing organisms may be represented by prime numbers, and its meaning can be deduced from mathematical principles.

How quickly the retired mathematician, who is an expert in music theory and can play a variety of instruments, can comprehend not only what the whales are saying but also the messages they have been exchanging with one another over the past few years and how they feel about humans, is a good example of the connection between mathematicians and musicians. I had very few complaints, however occasionally it was a little hard to comprehend the in-depth talks of different physics and mathematics theories and they were often above my head. Even if there weren't many of these incidents, I still believe it's significant to mention because it didn't actually keep me from reading.

I assigned this book a score of 4 out of 4 stars because it seemed as though you were being carried along by the gradual introduction of new characters, which I found to be a very pleasurable feeling. In general, science fiction literature introduces so many unfamiliar words and concepts, as well as so many events that occur simultaneously, that you could feel like you're always struggling to catch your breath. The narrative was quite easy to follow, and to the best of my knowledge, there weren't any significant plot holes. It was also extremely well edited, and as I was reading, I didn't notice any mistakes.

As a result, I strongly recommend this book to fans of science fiction and those who want to broaden their knowledge of physics and math.

Resonant
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
SINGH JAY
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-singh-jay.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by SINGH JAY »

It seems to be a fantastic book. What Sonye's mission was intrigues me. Joe's quest to uncover the truth is also included.
In fact, one thing I observed was the breadth of genre
Abdulwahab Maryam
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: The Inner CEO by Jeremy Blain

Post by Abdulwahab Maryam »

Yeah, that's true thanks a lot for the awesome reply ✨
Abdulwahab Maryam
Currently Reading: