Review of Centaurius: The Prophecy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bigfootisreal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigfootisreal.html
Latest Review: There Are Only 7 Ways to Meditate by Q.C. Ellis

Review of Centaurius: The Prophecy

Post by bigfootisreal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Centaurius: The Prophecy" by SJ McGarry.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Centaurius: The Prophecy by SJ McGarry is a book that speaks a lot about the need to take better care of our loving planet, Earth. Set on Centaurius, a planet mirrored by the Earth, this book tells the tale of Princess Nella, daughter of Johan Reiner VII and Megan Reiner. She was born as the chosen warrior princess who would save the galaxy and help both the Andromeda Galaxy and the Milky Way Galaxy merge into the Milkomedia Galaxy. Her mission is frustrated by Zennibar, who wants power, even though the power comes from chaos.

One positive aspect of this book is that it is very educational. This book contains various natural disasters which have occurred on different parts of Earth. It is unknown if the disasters occurred in real life, but they all point to the fact that man has to do a better job of taking care of the planet. Featuring themes of global warming and deforestation, it hits on the importance of preservation of species and the planets and also states the consequences that could follow if proper care is not taken. It awakens in the mind of the reader a need to be more thoughtful towards mother nature.

One part I enjoyed about this book is the mirrored use of words. Since Earth and Centaurius are mirrored planets and cousins, words like nurse on Earth are spelled Esrun. Namrepus is the Centaurian version of superman. In fact, in many parts of the book, reversible anagrams are used occasionally. Even Nella is an anagram for Allen. This is one of the positive aspects of the book.

The author makes good use of flashbacks, through brain chip memory downloads, to provide some backstory. This fills in a lot of gaps that may exist due to the book beginning in the present. The book alternates between the present and the future, and the flashbacks are marked out and written in italicized format.

One negative aspect of this book is that it takes a while to get going. It took me a while to start enjoying the book. The first chapter of this book speaks of the death of a silverback at the hands of poachers. This is an entirely different thing in comparison to the second chapter, and even the third is something different from the first two. This makes it hard for the reader to understand what they are reading, and this may dissuade people from continuing to read the book beyond the first chapter.

This book contains a very small number of grammatical errors and contains only one instance of profanity. This points to the fact that the intended audience for this book has no age restrictions.

I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I rated this book this high because even in the face of the above negative aspects, once one gets past the beginning parts of the book, the story is rather interesting and captivating. I will recommend this book to all who enjoy science fiction and lovers of space-related books.

Centaurius: The Prophecy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”