Review of The Three Card Trick

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: The Three Card Trick by Charles Townsend

Review of The Three Card Trick

Post by Adaeze Joan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Three Card Trick" by Charles Townsend.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Borlock was a traveling magician, and Delvin had served as his apprentice. Unfortunately, Borlock was murdered by a black magician who wanted his magician’s stone. When he died, Delvin inherited all his magic tricks, and included in them was a magician’s stone. It allowed anyone in possession of it to manipulate the actions of both people and animals.

The Guild of Magicians was now seeking greater power and riches. They intended to take over Argent and Hengel using the old “Three Card Trick.” First, they projected thoughts into the minds of the people of Argent to cause a riot and kill the prince. Next, they married off Princess Fionella to Ludovic, who was also a magician. This plan was also to be carried out in Hengel. But Princess Jarla, Delvin, Captain Grimbolt, and Nippy are determined to put a stop to this terror. The problem is, the magicians seem to have the upper hand in this battle because they have more magic stones than Delvin. How else would they be defeated? I guess you just have to read this book to find out how this all plays out.

The Three Card Trick by Charles Townsend is the second book in the Illusions of Power series. Though I did not read the first book, it was easy for me to follow the plot because the author offered readers a summary of it. I was excited while reading through the pages of this book, not just because of its captivating plot, but also due to its straightforward writing. The author did an incredible job of describing various places and the events that occurred there. At the beginning of the book, the author added pictures of maps showing the cities of Hengel and Argent. This made reading through this book easy. The characters were well-developed and realistic. Delvin and Princess Jarla were my favorite characters because they contradicted each other well. Princess Jarla was tough, while Delvin was always full of jokes.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. Though I noticed a few grammar and punctuation errors while reading, it was not enough to disrupt my overall enjoyment of this book. Therefore, I cheerfully rate The Three Card Trick by Charles Townsend 3 out of 4 stars. This book is a mix of suspense, adventure, and humor. It was written in third person.

This book was full of mind-blowing twists that would be enjoyed by readers. I must also add that the book’s cover and title fit quite well. I found them very compelling. I recommend this book to both adults and teenagers who enjoy fantasy novels, especially the ones that are about magic and are full of adventures.

The Three Card Trick
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Mozi Ken »

I like reading plots like this. I can tell that there's suspense in it. Would princess Jarla and her group succeed despite the power unbalance? I will like to know. Good review
Hannah Mae Fabro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-mae-fabro.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Hannah Mae Fabro »

The plotline of this book sounds interesting. How would Delvin stop that powerful magician? I wanna know the answer. I hope I read this soon. Thank you for such a beautiful review.
thedaughter04
Favorite Book: Daisy Jones and the Six
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thedaughter04.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer
2022 Reading Goal: 20
2022 Goal Completion: 105%

Post by thedaughter04 »

This book seems captivating and I'm interested in the magic element of the story. Thank you for your review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”