Review of Dark Matter Empire (Book 1)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faith Okon 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-okon-1.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Review of Dark Matter Empire (Book 1)

Post by Faith Okon 1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Dark Matter Empire (Book 1)" by Alex Zadeh.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dark Matter Empire (Book 1) by Alex Zadeh is a thrilling science fiction adventure novel that offers readers unique space adventuring content. The book contains 38 chapters and 416 pages and tells us the story of the inter galactic travels of Ryan, an aeronautic engineer.

Ryan is living his regular day-to-day life as an engineer when one night he is mysteriously transported into space and finds out that humans are in fact not alone in the universe as he meets different aliens and finds out about massive conquistadors; The Lithiran Empire, who not only discovers his presence, but seek to take possession of a powerful device Ryan inadvertently holds, and travel into the undiscovered planet Earth. Find out more on Dark Matter Empire (Book 1).

This is not an average science-fiction novel. From the onset, the detailed insights to Ryan’s thoughts and feelings were captivating. I could picture it as if I was there! And at some point my palms were actually sweaty!! The scenes where Ryan commanded the aircraft during the simulation, and the space shuttle later on, had some extensive details of the flight systems and defense mechanisms that had me wondering if the book was just well-researched or if the writer was in fact an astronaut or pilot who wrote science-fiction during his free-periods!! These are not things that can just be presumed.

This book was so good that I found absolutely no flaw in it. The plot was unique, and I noticed that although I have read several other science fiction books where there were one or two scenes similar to those of another book, that was definitely not the case here. My favorite part of the book is the part where Ryan and Flare played a sport which reminded me of football, but which was not similar in any way (apart from the use of a ball). My favorite character is Flare, he seemed like a Jack-of-all-trades and showed enviable loyalty to his cause and helping Ryan.

I’m rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. I found no grammatical or spelling error in the book. Apparently, it was very well edited. I especially loved how the book commenced with Ryan’s in-flight simulation and the general plot. I’m looking forward to reading subsequent sequels. I recommend this book to people who love space travel and exploration and even just science fiction in general.

Dark Matter Empire (Book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”