Review of Presence

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ozioma Miriam
Currently Reading: The Love Charm
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ozioma-miriam.html
Latest Review: Presence by L.J. Branch

Review of Presence

Post by Ozioma Miriam »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Presence" by L.J. Branch.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

According to this book, everyone's got a presence. When you meet people for the first time, the vibes they emit give you an impression of what that person is like. But the presence of the people of the Guild is quite stronger. The book, Presence, was written by L. J. Branch. It discusses this theory in detail as a sci-fi fantasy plotline you will enjoy.

After Alice's death, Abbie had been going through life without a purpose. Then she met Kat. Since she had been with Kat, she realized that she had become more adventurous and mischievous. Why could that be? She even joined her and her band of friends on a heist. After the heist, they discovered a dangerous plan plotted by August, a dangerous man in the Guild. They decided to thwart his plan. But this led to unexpected events that brought changes and enlightenment to the characters. How would this affect Abbie and her beloved Kat?

The characters and their abilities in the book were very interesting to read about. Abbie and her friends had wonderful abilities that complemented each other so well. Their leader, Diamond, was the one who made the strategies and ensured they followed them. Jack was the strength of the group. His type was called the enforcers. Kat was their infiltrator. She was their stealth. She penetrated and broke down fortifications for them. Abbie, on the other hand, was a gifted bonus to the band. She was their computer nerd.

The only thing I disliked about this book was that I found some of the explanations given in it confusing. The book cover was attractive. It didn't take long to build suspense in the plotline. The characters were fully developed. I could connect with them in my imagination. The author did well to describe the scenes in the book. This included the fighting scenes and their heists. It made my imagination as clear as watching a movie. The plot line of this book was interesting. I liked how it ended. All the loose ends were tied up.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I found no errors. It was exceptionally well-edited. The confusing parts in the book did not affect my enjoyment of it. This book is part of a series, yet the author ended it well. The plot line climaxed well, and the author left some scenes that would whet a reader's appetite to read the next book. I recommend this book to those who enjoy action-packed thrillers, sci-fi books, and adventurous books.

Presence
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
readinginahammock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readinginahammock.html
Latest Review: Acceptance by Rebecca Heidt
2022 Reading Goal: 83
2022 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by readinginahammock »

I like the idea of a presence that everybody has. Would be nice to know what some people are like when you meet them. Great review.
thedaughter04
Favorite Book: Daisy Jones and the Six
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thedaughter04.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer
2022 Reading Goal: 20
2022 Goal Completion: 105%

Post by thedaughter04 »

I love action-packed thrillers and I find your description of the book interesting. Great review.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

Firstly, I'm attracted to the book cover. It is bold and yearns to me. Your review is a very nice read, explaining that this book is action-packed, adventure-filled and exciting. I'd love to see for myself. Thanks for the review and recommendation.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Harry Torsney
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-torsney.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Harry Torsney »

The summary section kept me guessing. I'm curious about the thrilling scenes that occurred for Abbie and her friends. This is an excellent review.
ometanoghenetejiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ometanoghenetejiri.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by ometanoghenetejiri »

Seeing the book cover, I began to wonder what the book entails. Your review gave adequate insight into what this book entails. Nice work. I now have an idea of what it entails.
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG
2022 Reading Goal: 30
2022 Goal Completion: 56%

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

The author had me at the book cover, it's quite fascinating. The book's name is quite unique as well. I can't wait to read this book and learn more about Abbie and her friends. Thanks for the review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Pilot Who Knows the Waters by N.L. Holmes

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I agree with you that everyone has his/her own presence. Kate relationship with her new friends is a serious one I hope she doesn't destroy herself. Wonderful review Welldone
Anselm Freeman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anselm-freeman.html
Latest Review: Onward, At Last by Kevin Howard
2022 Reading Goal: 72
2022 Goal Completion: 29%

Post by Anselm Freeman »

This book sounds like a great plot. The theory of presence seems quite familiar. It made me remember when we are at worship, and we say we feel—the presence of Christ. I wj like to understand this theory well.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Natalie Sheph
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalie-sheph.html
Latest Review: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream by Dr Frank L Douglas

Post by Natalie Sheph »

The cover of the book looks really intriguing and so does the plot. Thanks for your review.
Hannah Mae Fabro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-mae-fabro.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Hannah Mae Fabro »

I find the book cover kind of amazing and catchy for readers. The plotline of the book is also amazing. Thank you for your wonderful review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”