Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mozi Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

Post by Mozi Ken »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I am sure that most people will do anything to bring back a loved one. So long as there's a glimmer of hope, you will always try. Grant's uncle had been missing for a whole year and had been declared dead. As his uncle's only heir, he went to Russia to claim and organize his properties. But he found out that he could still find his uncle. He's ready to do anything to bring his uncle back, but at what cost?

Zona: The Forbidden Land was written by Fred G. Baker. As the name implies, Zona was indeed a forbidden land, with extraordinary plants and animals and a different but beautiful and pleasant environment in general. The plants had enhanced benefits medically and biochemically. This was wonderful, but the danger was in the extraordinary wild animals. These included the wolves and the lions. These animals, with their very large appearance, could cause terror and fatal damage. It was in this land fighting to survive that Grant met a wolf named Wooderadd. It claimed to have been sent by a certain Wuleron to protect him. These wolves were very helpful to him.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The characters were very interesting. Grant was brave and selfless. He didn't trust his uncle's acquaintances. He also had a job to get back to. Yet he went to search for his uncle in an unknown place he knew nothing about. The team that was sent to Zona did their best to be as organized and prepared as ever. But they still encountered dangerous situations beyond their control. Despite all these and the fatal losses they faced, this strange land affected them so much that the decision they took, much later in the book, surprised me.

I found nothing wrong with this book. It was adventurous. There were descriptions of beautiful sights, dangerous weather conditions, unusual animals, and several other things that would interest you. It was also thrilling. I felt the tension and fast thinking about surviving while the team fought off the angry lions. The book gradually built to a crescendo from its beginning. I was kept in suspense most of the time.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I found no errors. It was exceptionally well-edited. This book maintained my interest till the end. The good dose of suspense made me continue to read, wanting to know more. Each time I took a break, I quickly returned to it. If you love adventure, suspense, and thrilling books spiced up with romance, then I would recommend this book to you.

Zona: The Forbidden Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chris Walter Mason
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-walter-mason.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Chris Walter Mason »

This sounds to be interesting and appealing. I will read the book to gain more knowledge on how to handle some difficult issue. Great review.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

I am already shivering with the kind of animals that can be found in Zona. But I like that the author described the scenes and the creatures vividly.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

Zona: The Forbidden Land was an interesting book to read. Baker's description of things were on point. I had no issues with creating a vivid image of the scenes narrated. Great review!
De law
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-de-law.html
Latest Review: A Long Ago place by Donna Betten

Post by De law »

I love how you went on to describe Grant. This is a very good adventure book for any good reader. I also felt Randall was brave and selfless. Thanks for this insightful review.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

I would love to read about Zona. I'd like to know what makes it forbidden and why the plants and animals are like that. I hope Grant's uncle is found. Amazing review.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

I like the suspense in this book. It was one of the reasons I loved it. The other reason why I loved this book is the map provided by the author for navigating Zona. It helped be whole reading the book.
Nice review.
Bef Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

This book was lovely to read. It contained a lot of suspense and adventure, but the sexual scenes were much and disturbing to me. Nevertheless, it was a good read. Nice review.
Ronky279
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronky279.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ronky279 »

Your review is amazing. I'm definitely reading this book soonest. Kudos for a job well done. Good review.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

Like Grant, I would be willing to do anything to bring back a loved one. I admire him for being willing to go an extra mile to find his uncle. I look forward to reading this book. I would love to find out how the expedition went.
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

This book is interesting and captivated my attention from the start. Filled with adventure and deception this book has it all.
Ani Ezinwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-johmira.html

Post by Ani Ezinwanne »

am already shivering with the kind of animals that can be found in Zona. But I like that the author described the scenes and the creatures vividly
Ani Ezinwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-johmira.html

Post by Ani Ezinwanne »

am already shivering with the kind of animals that can be found in Zona. But I like that the author described the scenes and the creatures vividly
Kurk Ruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kurk-ruz.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kurk Ruz »

The writers attention to detail is incredible. Every aspect of the world he has created is thought out and well-executed.
Nice review too!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”