Review of The Realm of the Mind and the Conscious Experience

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amzes17.html
Latest Review: Shithole Paradise by Leona Stoker

Review of The Realm of the Mind and the Conscious Experience

Post by Amarachi Nzeakor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Realm of the Mind and the Conscious Experience" by Deborah Tregea.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I once heard that our view of life is always a matter of perspective(and I do not choose to make reference to the Bridgerton series because it happens to be my all-time favourite). The outcome of one's reaction to a situation is solely based on how one views the situation. How can one's perspective elicit either a mind or a body response? Deborah Tregea's The Realm of the Mind and the Conscious Experience, more than a self-help book or a book filed under the category of mystics and occult, is a book that takes on an essayistic nature and explores the power of The Mind and the many treasures that can be unlocked from being able to control one's thoughts.

Deborah Tregea has studied the practices of the occult and mystics in secret for so long. In 2020, however, she chooses to embrace herself for who she is, and I suspect that this newfound condition of self and acceptance could be the trigger that birthed this novel—no, essay—and in exploring her literary prowess, Deborah turns this book into a piece to be loved by all. If you've ever been curious about the workings of The Mind, its true potential, the concept of manifestation, and the paraphysical, then I recommend this book to you. You'll be surprised at how much you can learn from a 50-page exposé.

My first and probably most important fervour for this book would be the page count. I could stop here, but then there's more. I appreciate that the author did not feel the need to write a lengthy essay which would have gone off-topic at some point. Her study was concise, precise, and extremely enlightening. You don't have to be a believer in mysticism, the paranormal, or parapsychology to enjoy this book. You don't even have to agree with everything the author puts down. The concepts are put down in a way that allows the reader to pick what he wants without the compulsion to read the entire book.

The author might have shared information alien to many readers; however, the approach she chose to present this study—the analogies, the evidential theories, and citations—helped me form a mental picture of what exactly she was talking about. Ohh, and her descriptive ability? It is truly admirable. I opine that this author would have a field day if she ever decides to work on a fictitious story if she hasn't already done so. This can be seen on page 36, where she describes a difficult period in her life in words that allow the reader to feel the weight of this burden, literally.

I am almost tempted to say that there was nothing I disliked about this book, but I would like to point out a concern. Not long into the book, the author takes on a less factual-based and more mystical approach. If you are a more practical reader seeking evidence and facts, you might find this a setback, although I have a feeling the author's intentions are not to please the pragmatic.

Whether the author was working with facts or theories, I love how she tied everything up in the conclusion. I found only a few errors. This signifies that the book was professionally edited. For these reasons, I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. If you are a conservative religionist and your doctrines do not accommodate the concepts of "real magic," occult, and paranormal, you might want to skip this book.

The Realm of the Mind and the Conscious Experience
View: on Bookshelves
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Use of Weapons
Bookshelf Size: 319
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
2022 Reading Goal: 57
2022 Goal Completion: 96%

Post by NetMassimo »

In the end, this book seems particularly interesting for readers who are into a certain kind of mysticism. I'm more pragmatic, so I'm not sure I would appreciate it. Regardless, thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Emmy page
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmy-page.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Post by Emmy page »

Reading exposes one to whole new subjects without being tied to any of them. How a mystics and psychics mind works is some thing i have been keen to know and the book must be the right one.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”