Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eva Nyaburi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: Master Your Mind and Energy to Heal Your Body by Brandy Gillmore

Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In this book, Theodil stands before a committee to present to them the creation of a universe. The events take place in a world where space and time do not yet exist. The congregation becomes frustrated and criticizes that the process is taking too long, questioning why they bothered to attend the meeting. The committee is amazed and delighted as soon as Theodil begins creation, beginning with the generation of dotlike zots. The book takes a unique and refreshing look at the cosmology of the universe and how everything came to be. There are also amusing instances, my favorite being when the crowd begins to complain and, in the thick of it all, someone asks the others if anyone had seen their loofah. The congregation also complains that the chairs are the wrong colors, forms, and sizes and that they are even incorrectly padded, even though most of them had brought their chairs. Of Zots and Xoodles: Theodil Creates a Universe by Zarqnon the Embarrassed is an educative book that poses questions as to what was before the universe and why things are the way they are.

I liked the illustrations in the book that looked crazy and interesting. I enjoyed how the author used visuals to illustrate the experiments and reactions that occurred while Theodil went about his task. I also liked how the novel had a bit of humor to it. The congregations keep complaining over little matters. They continue to question Theodil and appear unimpressed by what he is doing. My favorite sarcastic comment from the audience to Theodil is when they asked, “what is all this pandemonius googly gook? Are we supposed to be impressed? Is this the turtle convention?”

There is no negative aspect that I found with the book. I believe the book is ideal for science enthusiasts.

I rate Of Zots and Xoodles: Theodil Creates a Universe by Zarqnon the Embarrassed 4 out of 4 stars. The book is incredibly well written and professionally edited. The author's writing style is exceptional, and I appreciated the stunning artwork included in the book. I did not notice any grammatical errors while reading the book.

This book is suitable for readers who appreciate science fiction. The author gives thought-provoking perspectives and intriguing interpretations of how the cosmos came to be. With only 48 pages, the book is a quick read that readers can finish in one sitting. The book contained no sexual content or profanity.

Of Zots and Xoodles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”