Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Tosin Le »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is a book written by Matthew Tysz. The storyline is about a young man named Galen who left his home country, the Lands of the Princes, because of war and relocated to a new country called Voulhire. Running away from his land, he was almost caught by his pursuers close to the sea but was saved by a captain who secured him. They began their journey amidst other people on the ship and successfully arrived at Voulhire. Upon reaching his destination, he discovers that it's a beautiful place filled with amazing people, yet with the presence of some uncivilized and supreme beings. While trying to adjust to his new environment, he learns from Rowan, his uncle's executor, that he is to take over his late uncle's properties. Would he be able to discover himself more, fall in love with his new environment, and also handle his uncle's properties well? Find out from this book.

Possessing vital documents required for migration into another country is very essential considering that one might need them during an emergency. It was very easy for Galen to be saved by the captain, considering that he presented some papers to the captain when he saw that his killers were very close to him. Assuming he didn't present any means of identification and documents showing he was eligible to travel to Voulhire, he would have probably been caught by those men chasing him. Furthermore, I admire the sense of humor of the old man on the ship; throughout their journey to Voulhire, he kept entertaining them with stories, making their journey less boring and more memorable. It also made Galen feel at home.

I learned that peace is necessary for a war to end. If nations in conflict want their countries to be free of killing, they must negotiate and embrace peace. The Voulhire government sent some of their men to the Lands of the Princes primarily to let them know the need to let go of the violence, and accept peace, but they were chased back. Tell me how a country that refused to accept peace would move forward. Indeed, Galen took a brave step to flee his home country for a more peaceful country.

There was no part of this book that I hated. I didn't encounter any errors; I commend the writer for the exceptional editing that was done to it. It was eye-opening too; I got to know how war can turn a once peaceful country into a violent one, and how moving to a different location can help one to embrace change and also discover him or herself more. Considering these reasons, I'm giving it a rating of four out of four stars.

I recommend it to fans of science-fiction books, people who despise war, and people who want to know how to perfectly adapt to a new culture and belief system because they will find the content intriguing.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Joyce Nwaogazie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

Your review is well-written and highly comprehensive, with all the essential points to get a reader's attention. Excellent work.
Onyeka Dibor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeka-dibor.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Onyeka Dibor »

The author's ability to create a sense of foreboding adds to the book's suspenseful atmosphere.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”