Review of True Teryn

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rowan The-First
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rowan-the-first.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review of True Teryn

Post by Rowan The-First »

[Following is a volunteer review of "True Teryn" by S.G. Blaise.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Omnipower created the archgod of chaos and destruction to govern the Seven galaxies on his behalf. This archgod just promoted evil and corruption everywhere on the galaxies. This compelled the Omnipower to create the archgoddess of eternal light and order to create balance between good and evil on the galaxies. The archgod created an army of dark servants and creatures called fiends to promote corruption and fight the archgoddess. The archgoddess in response also created an army of people called Lumenians to defend herself. The war has been going on for centuries now and the archgod has managed to kill all the Lumenians and only one is remaining. Lilla is the last Lumenian and must raise an army to fight the archgod and his servants. The archgoddess of eternal light and order gives Lilla a task of taking control of the Teryns' army. The king of the Teryns is not willing to give his army to Lilla. The king decides to give Lilla a task, that he believes she can not complete, if she wants to be given the army. Lilla must work with his friends to complete this task in a given time. Will they succeed?

True Teryn is a science-fiction and fantasy novel by S.G Blaise. It is the second book in The Last Lumenian series and it is highly advisable that you first read the first novel. It is narrated from a first-person point of view by Lilla, Moira and Ankhar. The author creates a whole new world where there is a war between good and evil.

The things that I liked most were the author's descriptions. The places in this universe are well described. The characters are also well described like Lilla who has dark violet eyes. I was able to draw images of what the author was talking about in my mind. I was fascinated by the way Teryns teach their people war skills through a game called valleyball. Skills like leadership and following orders are taught through this game.

I disliked it that the author uses some difficult words like fiends and Ankhar in the novel. They gave me a difficult time when pronouncing them. I was displeased by the fact that Teryns see themselves as superior over other people in the galaxies. The book is well edited as I found a few errors while I was reading. There are mild erotic scenes that involve only kissing.

A 4 out of 4 stars rating is suitable for this book because the author keeps on twisting the plot and builds it well. I recommend the book to readers of fantasy novels with magic as they will find magic usage by characters and fantastic creatures like feargas. Romance readers will also enjoy it.

True Teryn
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
What's the reason for your creation, Who really created you and why. Kind regards, That's Rowan of Islam. :?: :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”