Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
GNerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnerd.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by GNerd »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew, Tysz tells the story of the powerful and great kingdom of Voulhire. Galen Bray is one of the four sons of the king of the land of the Princes. The four sons of the king kept turning on themselves and the king got scared if they planned to overthrow him and take over rulership. To avert this, the King gave each of his sons a settlement on an island with a lot of money and resources. Not long after, a civil war broke out. For twenty years, the war went on. Galen Onita, Galen Bary's uncle, who is a successful businessman in Magnum Caelum, Voulhire sends for him on his deathbed to take over his business. Galen immigrated to Voulhire, a land well known for peace and prosperity with the help of Rowan, who was paid handsomely by Galen's uncle to aid his escape. Galen leaves with the hope of a peaceful life and great wealth. Strange, mysterious, and horrifying things start happening across the kingdom. How is Galen to survive another terrible ordeal? Will the kingdom be safe again for its inhabitants?

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is the first installment of a nine-book series. It is not a standalone book and as the first, this book acts as a form of introduction to the whole story. This book embodies everything a fantasy book should be. The author's depiction of the mystical universe was mind-blowing and almost realistic. The descriptive prowess of the author engages the reader's imagination as he creates a new world for the readers. It tells a story of power and revenge. A fine blend where magic, science, and religion coexist.

Matthew did well with the character build-up and development. The book's plot was excellently presented. His unique and captivating writing style grips the attention of readers. The intertwining of the first and third-person narrative was superb. I've never read a book with such peculiar narration. The addition of a map and reference guide was brilliant. It provides readers with enough information to fully understand the book. As a not-so-fan of historical fiction books, I found the characters believable in addition to the short chapters and titles that made reading the book seamless for me. The plot was quick as there was no Darth in action.

Some readers might not like that the book ended with a cliffhanger. It's understandable for a book series and solely the author's choice.

What I loved most was that this book was well edited. I didn't find any errors in it. It gave the book a beautiful flow. There's nothing I didn't like about this book.

I'll rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars because it was error-free and terrific. I'll recommend it to fantasy, historical fiction, and magic lovers.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

This book caught my emotions, I love the author creativity in this book. I enjoyed the book from the beginning to the end. Great end
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

Magic and history coming together is a mad combo. I'll be looking forward to reading this book.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

I like to read books that engage the whole of me; my mind, my brain, and my emotions. This book, as you have described it, did this with how the author employed detailed description of the city, the suspense and actions. I picked interest in this series already. Kudos to you.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

You have written a detailed review on the book and I must salute you for this. Although I am not a fan of the book genre, but from your review I see that the author did well in writing the book. I might in the nearest future pick up this book and read. I hope I enjoy the book as you did. Welldone!!!
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Moyin Loveth »

A well written review I must say. You are right in saying readers wouldn't be happy with the ending, I certainly wasn't. But this only fueled my desire to read the rest of the series. Over all, this book fantastic.
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

Having read the book myself, I’m happy that you have written such an accurate and interesting review of it. Galen was my favourite character and I really look forward to reading about him in the next book. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”