Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

Post by Muna Chizzy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

History has been altered, and a new theory of creation has been adopted. Theodil stands amidst the voices of a community of people asking intuitive questions about his process of creating the Universe. Theodil, a fictional character, decides to create a Universe for himself using Zots and Xoodles. What occurs is influenced by quantum physics, mathematics, and logic.

Of Zots and Xoodles is a fantastic book. It is written by Zarqnon the Embarrassed and illustrated by Francis Louis Allen. The author (JW McLaughlin) uses his pen name because what he has written embarrasses him. He writes cleverly, using witty language and convincing theories to portray how the Universe was created. The book is simply a fantasy story of how the Universe was created, and it contradicts religious accounts of creation and established general knowledge. It can, however, evoke the reader's reasoning to examine another perspective concerning creation. The book is thought-provoking and excellently written. With his experience and vast knowledge of philosophy, the author comes up with mind-blowing ideas beyond any superficial presentation.

The book has 48 pages, with squiggly illustrations and labelled figures depicting the story. The author also makes use of rhymes while expressing his ideas. In fact, the author combines poetry and science. Some readers might find the book's emphasis on science and physics topics off-putting, but with deliberate, careful reading, they will find the plot engaging. After reading the book a second time, I finally got what it was about and could appreciate this unique creation myth. The author's description of his view of the Universe's formation makes the whole book an engaging, imaginative narrative.

What I love most about the book is the author. For up to 40 years, JW McLaughlin lived his life without being aware that he was autistic. He has achieved remarkable success in recent years despite receiving no assistance or treatment. I am impressed with the credentials the author has earned. He truly serves as an example for those struggling with similar health challenges. I loved the fascinating images that were featured throughout the book.

There was nothing in the book that I did not like, except the writing style, which was a little challenging to comprehend. I found no errors in the book. The book was excellently edited, so I rate it four out of four stars. It is an exciting read that will give readers another insight into creation while entertaining them. I recommend this book to lovers of philosophy and science fiction.

Of Zots and Xoodles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

Zots and Xoodles is a creative alternative narration to creation. The author's thoughts are realistic. I love them.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

This book is interesting and captivating, the used simple terms to explain his point of view. I love your review. Weldone.
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

Great review. Although, I'm not a fan of fictional books like these , your review has interested me and I can't help myself from reading the book.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

A great thought from the author. I commend his effort. He tried to recreate the universe in his imagination.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I enjoyed your honest review and hope to enjoy the book too. Welldone
GNerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnerd.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by GNerd »

Not my kind of book, so I'll pass. Your review was insightful and honest. Well done.
Vivian Agenms
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Vivian Agenms »

I enjoyed reading your review, but I doubt I have any interest in this book. I might pick it up for a read.
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

I like the fact that the author tries to emphasise thinking outside the box, but I do not really like the complexity of the newly created world...
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

The author utilized straightforward language to describe his point of view in this fascinating and entertaining book. Your review is fantastic. Weldone.
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-osmond.html
Latest Review: The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia

Post by Mercy Osmond »

The author's book name 'Zarqnon the Embarrassed' sounds funny. I love this fiction creation story the author introduced. Thank you for the review @Muna Chizzy
Chris Walter Mason
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-walter-mason.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Chris Walter Mason »

I love your review but I don't like books that has a lot of calculations. This is not my kind of book. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”