Review of Doomsday

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abigail Ingor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-ingor.html
Latest Review: Doomsday by R. L. Gemmill

Review of Doomsday

Post by Abigail Ingor »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Doomsday" by R. L. Gemmill.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This book Doomsday is about three kids, Jon Bishop, Kelly Bishop and Travis Bishop with exceptional abilities who lost their parents in an accident when they were younger. After being in a foster home and being separated for years, they finally get to live together when a lovely couple decides to adopt all three of them. The three children go on a cave trip with their foster father and his friends and while inside the cave an earthquake occurs which causes them a minor accident and also reveals to them more than what they came looking for and what may create problems for them. It turns out the cave isn't as ordinary as it seems, as the cave is a home for demons, demons that plan on taking over the earth from humans and this plan is being schemed by a human. Kelly with her telepathy tries to read the thoughts of the demons but finds out she can't so they all try to escape the cave, but whilst fleeing the cave the demons catches everyone except Kelly, Travis and one of their foster father's friends. Not believing the words of the children about seeing demons in the cave, a rescue team is sent to get the rest out of the cave. Surprising the children, everyone who went in the cave including the rescue team comes out unharmed, alive and well but not exactly sane. But how is that possible ? How and why are they okay ? What went wrong or right ? who was the human in the cave and why is he against his own race ? why couldn't Kelly read the demons' mind ? Was it all their imagination ? Will their lives be as normal as it was or not ? I encourage you to read this book by R. L. Gemmill to find out.

I'm more interested in Kelly's character because of the abilities she possesses, she's able to read people's thoughts and more and I find that fascinating. I like how I can feel the connection between some characters in the book, though it is fiction I love that I can relate some part of the storyline to real life situations. The love, hate, fear, defeat, anxiety, penitence, they're all relatable. For me, this book is full of love because I think that it influenced most of the decisions made by some characters in the book.

There's nothing I dislike about this book because I like the plot .

I am rating this book a 4 out of 4 stars because I find the book thrilling, which is something I like in books I read. It is well edited.

I recommend this book for those who are into adventures and action. There may be parts in the storyline that may be considered violent or may contain too much action for people who wouldn't like that.

Doomsday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”