Review of Genesis Awakens

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ikechukwuamarachi+55
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwuamarachi-55.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of Genesis Awakens

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Genesis Awakens" by Akorede Adekoya and Howard Haugom.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We can view Genesis Awakens based on the past and the present. The two major characters, Empress Helena and Genesis, show that there is a link between the past and the present. One can see it as a case of history repeating itself. 

The story begins in the past with a woman named Empress Helena. Having been told about the Nazarene cross, she felt the need to travel all the way to have a glimpse. She needed to travel to Golgotha, the site of Jesus’ crucifixion, to understand the visions she had been having and to absolve herself of the guilt she felt over Jesus’ death. In the present, Genesis is returning home after learning of her granddad’s death. After the memorial service for her grandfather, a man introduced himself as Mark Reynolds and was charged with the responsibility of protecting her. Both characters found nails that seemed to be extraordinary. They must both protect these nails from four men named Lucilius, Atticus, Remus, and Marius. Read this amazing book to know and understand the mystery behind these nails.

I should applaud the authors for their efforts to bring this piece together. It reminds me of the death and crucifixion of Jesus Christ. This is a narrative that depicts the Bible’s teachings and how they apply to our daily lives. She remembered several Bible lessons her granddad had given her and used them to overcome the darkness that loomed over her in her dream. When we put God’s word into practice, it becomes active. It highlights God’s love for humankind. His love for us is unrestricted. God always comes through for us, despite our flaws. Humans must, in this way, extend God’s love to others.

This book taught me a lot and inspired me. However, sometimes I get confused while reading it. The authors added many characters as the plot progressed, which got me confused. Because it deals with two separate times, past and present, I expected it to be written in chronological order. I also discovered a few errors in the book, but they did not prevent me from enjoying it. As a result, I will rate this book three out of four stars. I deducted one star because of the reasons stated above.

While reading this piece, one would think it was a real-life situation. I will recommend this book to those who are passionate about the death and crucifixion of Jesus Christ because that is what the book is all about. Christians who desire to deepen their understanding of the Bible should read Genesis Awakens by Akorede Adekoya and Howard Haugom.

Genesis Awakens
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am not a fan of too many characters either. It will cause the book to be very hard to read. I heard about these artifacts in another book I read.
Captain ASHIK
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Captain ASHIK »

Thanks for the nice comment
A very good book you can understand if you read something
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

Well, I think the storyline seems unreal, but your review is superb. I look forward to reading this book.
Fearnia Laurel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fearnia-laurel.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Fearnia Laurel »

The concept of the story line seems interesting, two stories in different time that mirror each other. I try to avoid books that have too many characters though as I would likely be confused. Thank you for the honest review.
Chinemezu Okafor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Doctor in the World by Hiram Baddeley

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

The book seems like a real page-turner, one of those stories that have a profoundly deeper meaning. Good review, well done.
Paully_
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paully.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by Paully_ »

The storyline has a mysterious undertone. One thing that resonates with me is that God loves us and we should pass that love to others. Thanks for the apt review.
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

I don't think there will be anything like future if the past is not properly taken care of. Nice storyline byou the author and a great review.
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

There is no present without the future, it's good to always protect one's self from the enemy when necessary.Nice review.
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

There is no present with the past,it's good to always protect one's self from the enemy when necessary.Nice review.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

Wao! I love the setting of this book. Bringing the crucifixion of Jesus Christ into this thriller is thrilling to me. I will like to read this book soonest.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Lawrence+2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawrence-2.html
Latest Review: The Ranting of an Uneducated Reactionary by Oscar J. Phillips

Post by Lawrence+2 »

Is this story a sort of reincarnation? I wonder how Express Helena and Genesis will link the past and the present. I look forward to reading this piece. Great review.
Chikapeter+110
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikapeter-110.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Chikapeter+110 »

The fact that the story brought back the memory of the death of Christ on cavalry is a wonderful experience. Amazing review.
Kendrixxavier18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendrixxavier18.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Kendrixxavier18 »

This review sounds interesting. The author did a nice job in presenting the book to be interesting and easy to understand. Thanks for an honest review. Looking forward to reading this book.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

I’m not a fan of books with too many characters so I’ll pass on this. It is recommended to readers who would like a Christian novel.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”