Review of Come See The Light

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nwankwo chibuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-chibuchi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Review of Come See The Light

Post by nwankwo chibuchi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Come See The Light" by Norman Luce.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In his book, Come See The Light, Norman Luce portrayed a world without electrical items. Dr. Samuel Clarke had built a machine that could cause everything operating with electricity to stop working. It had been built with the help of his best friend, Professor Mae Douglas. Clarke launched the machine in the quest for a better world against Dougie's wishes and murdered himself afterward. This led to what was known as 'The Wave Aftermath,' where they lived a primitive lifestyle without the internet or electronic gadgets. Dougie had left and built her own village where she lived with her great-niece, Maya, and great-nephew, Charlie, among a few other people. Discover what happens after Dougie sends Maya on a mission.

I loved that the author made the book a lot less technical than I thought it would be. The author explained events with such simplicity that the readers would fully understand. The characters were well defined and peculiarly crafted; they seemed so real and alive. There are many helpful values and life lessons to be learnt from the characters and the book in general. The arrangement of events in the book, from the prologue down to the epilogue, was brilliantly done. Norman Luce gave a sequential order to the book, and I must applaud that. The images included at the end of the book will interest young readers, while the various information included there will aid better understanding and appreciation of this beautiful work.

There were a lot of chapters in this book, with some of them having just two pages or less, thereby disrupting the flow of the story. I think the author should have merged some of them into one chapter so it would be substantial and collectively meaningful rather than having them look detached and scanty. It definitely knocked a few points off the quality of this book.

I rate Come See The Light by Norman Luce 3 out of 4 stars. It was well written and professionally edited, as I found just one error in it, though it has some lapses that I have already pointed out. The deducted star is a result of the chapters which I think should have been merged. The unnecessary separation affected my reading experience and slowed the flow of the story and my pace while reading.

I will recommend this book to adventurous readers and those interested in physics-related topics because a section of the book, particularly the part on 'The Wave,' had a lot to do with it, so they would find it very relatable.

Come See The Light
View: on Bookshelves
Judy46
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy46.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Alfie Thomas

Post by Judy46 »

I would love to know how a world without light will function. Great review.
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

Wow! This is incredible! A world without electricity will be so boring. I'll like to know more though.
Zwelihle_Myeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zwelihle-myeni.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Zwelihle_Myeni »

A world without electrical appliances, nice. I wonder how that went about. Thank you so much.
Nwankwo GC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-gc.html
Latest Review: The Chosen by Brandy Marks

Post by Nwankwo GC »

I can't even imagine living in a world without the internet and electronic gadgets. It'll be such a weird existence. Interesting storyline. Great review.
Ndagire Hasifah
Favorite Book: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hasifah.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Ndagire Hasifah »

I like to read short stories and I would like to read this intriguing book. Wonderful review.
Life is not all about success and money. It's about the love and affection a person gets from his loved ones :D :lol: .
Abdulrahman Alidriga
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by Abdulrahman Alidriga »

Well! In African countries, some communities still leave in a simple life without Internet and electrifications
Collins Kiprono 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collins-kiprono-4.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Collins Kiprono 4 »

The characters in the book provide many valuable lessons about life and morals. Good review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Cryptocurrency Risk Management
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
2023 Reading Goal: 60
2023 Goal Completion: 11%

Post by NetMassimo »

Despite the flaws you pointed out, overall, this seems like an interesting novel with more merits than flaws and I read novels in which physics or other sciences were quite heavy, so that's not a problem for me. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”