Review of The Solar Realm

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
chocolaterays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chocolaterays.html
Latest Review: Gracefully Owning Life's Dreams by Tisha Lee

Review of The Solar Realm

Post by chocolaterays »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Solar Realm" by PM Black.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

PM Black's The Solar Realm: The Silver Slayer is a science-fiction novel. It is centered in a world of eight kingdoms from different planets with people with different gifts (powers), which are fire, water, air, rock, electric light, explosion, organic manipulation, and ice. They are ruled by an empress who wields the eight powers and can manipulate them. She is chosen by an orb which increases her powers.

The empress is assisted in ruling by her chancellor. However, her chancellor, Barin, does the opposite. He is, instead, greedy and power-hungry. He succeeded in killing the empress before Empress Saltome. The story is all about the empress, who, before dying, sends her trusted warrior, Kora, to protect her heir, Jenanine Blackwater, and give her the orb. Would Kora be able to carry this out?

The positive aspects of this book are many. One of these is that it was beautifully written. It was really fun and exciting to read, and I enjoyed reading it. It felt like I was in the fictional world and part of the adventures that occurred. I loved the suspense and drama the author added to this book. I enjoyed how the characters in the book were brought to life; for example, Prince Cameron, who I liked and disliked at the same time, was brave and kind, but sometimes, he overreacted. The author narrated and made a fictional world as if it is really in existence. The author left no stone unturned with this story of love, romance, hate, greed, war, envy, adventure, loss, and so on. I can’t wait for the next book because I don’t believe that the book has really ended. It ended in suspense.

I could not find anything to dislike about this book. The book was exceptionally written, properly, and carefully edited because I did not find any errors in it. There was no use of profanity or vulgar language in this book. So, I will be rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. I found nothing substantial enough to compel me to remove a star from my rating. Also, the author deserves all the commendations. Amazing books don't come better than this.

I recommend this book to teenagers and young adults. I also recommend this book to persons who love adventure, action, or science fiction. They would find this book intriguing. In general, this book would appeal to people who enjoy fictional works.

The Solar Realm
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am fascinated by the way people with different powers from different worlds can work together. It is unfortunate that Barin feels as if he has to kill to get what he wants. I hope the new empress will be able to control him better.
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

Truth be told, this is an exceptionally written review that gives every reader a proper information about what to expect. Well done. Something I'd like to read
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

I don't think I'd love the book's plot. I, however, think the book is well written with a lot of details. It's good work done.
Ifesi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifesi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Ifesi »

This review sounds interesting. The author did a nice job in presenting the book to be interesting and easy to understand. Thanks for a wonderful and intriguing review. Looking forward to reading this book.
ellimctreph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellimctreph.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by ellimctreph »

I love a good elemental magic system. This feels akin to Avatar.
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

Fiction almost to the extreme, reading for the sheer fun of it, or because of addiction, like in teenage. Great review!
nwankwo chibuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-chibuchi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by nwankwo chibuchi »

How does the empress manipulate a group of people with so many gifts/powers? It'll be interesting to go on that discovery through the pages of this book. You delivered a pleasant review.
Cocobutta
Currently Reading: Hidden Current
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cocobutta.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cocobutta »

The plot of this book sounds well developed. It's rare to read books where every introduced theme or topic is analyzed thoroughly. A job well done.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I might be too old for this type of story but this seems like a novel with a sophisticated plot that also addresses some important themes. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”