Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ay Obaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ay-obaj.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

Post by Ay Obaj »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sometimes I think about the past and imagine how the world was before it became as developed as it is today. Those were times of great discoveries and journeys. I envy those who have been able to participate in such journeys. Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker is a fantasy novel that tells of Grant Taylor's journey to a land of mystery. 

Grant Taylor is removed from his comfortable existence and inserted into a life of escapade when he comes to Russia to address the affairs of his uncle. Before venturing into a forbidden land called Zona, Grant Taylor's uncle, Randall, was missing. His uncle's whereabouts were uncertain after his last journey. Grant begins to follow the bread crumbs his uncle left behind in the form of writings and information from people who knew him. The journey to Zona is filled with amazing discoveries, revelations, and self-discovery. You'll definitely want to get comfortable because this is a story that you'll not want to miss any detail.

I don't know what it'll feel like to suddenly have to take a path completely different from what you're used to. When Grant Taylor came to Russia, he had no idea he'd have to take a journey to an unknown land, but curiosity, answers, and love for his uncle led him down that path. What I loved most about the book was the author's imagination in the creation of the forbidden land. I must say that Zona was depicted as an eccentric place. Life there in the form of nature and animals was absolutely magnificent. The book had suspense and thrills, and I enjoyed that. 

From my perspective, there was nothing wrong with this book. I didn't find anything I disliked about it. Zona was a place of uncertainties and had strange occurrences, but those are things that make the idea of a forbidden land more captivating. The characters in the book were developed to a high standard. My favorite characters in the book are Grant and Max. I love Grant because he was intelligent and able to adapt to circumstances. Max is a character that gave me a hate-love kind of feeling, but in the end, I loved his dedication and strength. 

I'm rating Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker 4 out of 4 stars. It had exceptional and professional editing. I carefully read all the pages of the book, but I didn't find any errors in it. I recommend this book to people who enjoy reading fiction and fantasy novels. I also recommend the readers to be mature in age due to the sexual content in the book.

Zona: The Forbidden Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”