Official Review: Cedric the Demonic Knight

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lydia
Favorite Author: Christopher Paolini
Favorite Book: Valley of Silence by Nora Roberts
Currently Reading: The Dark Highlander
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia.html
Latest Review: "Blood Hunger" by L.E. Wilson
fav_author_id: 5906

Official Review: Cedric the Demonic Knight

Post by Lydia »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Cedric the Demonic Knight" by Valerie Willis.]
Book Cover for 2446
Share This Review

When in need of a knight that is nothing like the romantic, way-too-judgemental-for-their-own-good ones we're used to, call for Cedric - you just can't go wrong with this guy!

Cedric is not called the demonic knight without good reason. The man feeds on demons, was created by a sorceress called Morrighan, and has incubine blood running through his veins. Rumors are spreading about him fast, and, not one who wants unneeded attention - certainly not while he's trying to get stronger in order to destroy his creator - Cedric decides to take part in a tounament and get himself a woman. His price? The Lady of the Court of his choice. Still, choosing Angeline may seem a wise decision at first, but his young bride-to-be is not one he can tame easily - and his incubine urges make him wish to do more than simply discipline the scared, rebellious woman. With his own target being so much more powerful than him, and other enemies that seek him out at the same time, can Cedric control his inhuman side long enough to ensure Angeline isn't in danger because of him? And what happens when feelings none of them thought of start making things even more complicated?

Cedric the Demonic Knight is a book that was thoroughly enjoyed up until the very last page. It starts rather slow, letting the reader get familiar not only with the medieval background and the mix of dark times and mythological creatures, but also with the main hero, Cedric, himself. However, Mrs. Willis sure knows her craft - and characters - well, because, as soon as things are finally explained, she jumps straight to the point - and she does NOT disappoint. One might think that all those details and various stops in Cedric and Angeline's journey, of course, are unnecessary, but I beg to differ. On the contrary, without them, our main couple wouldn't have advanced that far, both in terms of character growth and concerning their relationship.

See, it wasn't love at first sight or any other mushy stuff like that when it came to Cedric and Angeline. Those two couldn't co-exist, and it was almost comical how they knew that, but could do nothing about it. It was nicely done, I admit. Two strangers thrown in together by fate and unfortunate circumstances, having to get used to each other and opening up little by little. Despite Cedric's crude behavior, and Angeline's haughty attitude, one cannot help but notice how... cute the whole scenario was. Cute and hot, seeing as there were many scorching moments between the two that could have set on fire everything in the near vicinity!

I give this book, with no regrets whatsoever, 4 out of 4 stars. And I hope I get to see them soon in another book, since it's pretty obvious some of the characters will come back with a story of their own. Here's to Romasanta finding a woman of his own, too! *crosses fingers*

Buy "Cedric the Demonic Knight" on Amazon
Buy "Cedric the Demonic Knight" on Barnes and Noble
I read, therefore I am.
Nitatsu7
Favorite Author: Robin McKinley
Favorite Book: Gai-jin by James Clavell
Currently Reading: Deerskin by Robin McKinley
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 6333

Post by Nitatsu7 »

Thank you for the wonderful review Lydia.

I am honored that you took the time to read my novel and write this amazing review!

Now back to working on my next book ^_~
Lydia
Favorite Book: Valley of Silence by Nora Roberts
Currently Reading: The Dark Highlander
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia.html
fav_author_id: 5906

Post by Lydia »

Oooh, next book! I smell Romasanta! YESSS!!!
I should be thanking YOU - stories like this one are hard to find anymore *sighs*
I read, therefore I am.
Nitatsu7
Favorite Author: Robin McKinley
Favorite Book: Gai-jin by James Clavell
Currently Reading: Deerskin by Robin McKinley
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 6333

Post by Nitatsu7 »

Feel free to hunt down my progress over at WattPad ^_^
Lydia