Harry potter and the goblet of fire

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vegito12
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vegito12.html

Harry potter and the goblet of fire

Post by Vegito12 »

I find this book interesting as we get to see Voldemort look for faithful servant. The person is barty jnr a death eater and son of barty snr. He becomes alastor moody teaching at hogwarts, and fools the goblet of fire to put Harry name in. The events take place cause some to wander how did this happen. On the other side we have a gambler who because of his ways causes the creatures to become angry with him. Barty does a good role as Alastor and fooling everyone.
energizerabby

Post by energizerabby »

I feel almost let down that noone realized for so long that something was off about moody
Anacoana
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: More plentiful than cloud wisps
Currently Reading: Snuff by Terry Pratchett
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anacoana.html

Post by Anacoana »

I really enjoyed this book; with the Quidditch World Cup and the Triwizard Tournament we got to see so much of the wizarding world and culture that we hadn't before then. And energizer, I like to take the stance that people either brushed off odd things because Moody's a weird guy always, or that they felt something was off but figured it was because of everything he's been through. Or, a third choice, they thought something was a little off about him but weren't sure what and didn't have enough faith in the possible-offness that they felt comfortable bringing it up or confronting him about it.
TLGabelman
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tlgabelman.html
Latest Review: "Kendra" by Grant Kniefel

Post by TLGabelman »

I love how with each book Rowling fulfills an unspoken promise to keep surprising her readers. I fell in love with this wizarding world she created and I love the little snipits of the characters outside Hogwarts where they do semi ordinary things but in a magical way. Their trip to the World Cup is one example of this, and I've never looked at an old boot the same since.
“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride
Latest Review: "Kendra" by Grant Kniefel
Aspen_Reads
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice+ The Notebook
Currently Reading: too many to count
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aspen-reads.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Aspen_Reads »

I love this novel because it was surprising to me the new "faithful servant", and I liked how Rowling always makes it hard to guess what, or who, things are caused by. Although you know it is Voldemort, it may not be, and that was great to have that element of surprise.
"I was born with a reading list I will never finish." -Maud Casey
SammieWonder
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sammiewonder.html

Post by SammieWonder »

I love all of the Harry Potter books!! It's kind of surprising to me how many people are obsessed with it, though, to be honest.

For example, there's a girl at my work who is a lot of tattoos and about 90% of them are Harry Potter themed....

Anyway, totally random and not book related. Sorry! lol :)
Maashellee

Post by Maashellee »

I grew up with Harry Potter. I was 11 when they first came out so I was the same age as Harry with every new book. I loved the Fourth book because of the Quidditch tournament as well as the idea that there are more wizardry schools around the world. Also, Rowling tried to introduce more dragon lore and even though now I think she could have done more with Harry Potter, I still love them.

Voldemort's return back in the day was a scary thing and the way how it happened, I think, is quite dark and I love the way it happened. Harry himself is one of my least favourite characters but he's the main hero so... it's all good. I was sad that Cedric died.
Cass_ana103499

Post by Cass_ana103499 »

I love all the Harry Potter books, but The Goblet of Fire is near the top of the list. I love the different schools that come to Hogwarts because I like the differences between them. The all boys school (I cant remember the names of them) is, obviously, all boys and all of them are strong and in line. In the all girls school, they are all graceful and also in line. But at Hogwarts, it is both boys and girls, and they are all just fun, loving young wizards. I also really like the part where Fred and George are trying to enter the tournament, though they are too young. The tri-wizard cup reminds me somewhat of the Hunger Games, another reason why I liked it. I think this book has the most exciting different challenges that Harry faces. And, like everyone else, I was very sad when Cedric Diggory died.
brooklynegan
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brooklynegan.html

Post by brooklynegan »

This by far is my favourite Harry Potter book as well as the movie. I just flew through this book, don't let the size fool you! I thought Harry grew up a lot in this book going through the loss of certain people and competing in the Triwizard Tournament really shows us what type of person Harry is. This book did come with a lot of big surprises and that's what made it so exciting a great to read! 5/5 stars!
ananya92
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya92.html
Latest Review: A Passover in Peshawar by AM Sardar
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by ananya92 »

I enjoyed reading all the Harry Potter books. I think what is special about this book is that the central characters start facing the teenage turmoils, like Harry's crush on Cho, or Ron's feelings regarding Hermione. But definitely the best chapter was Voldemort's rebirth and the gripping storyline of this book, is its biggest strong point.
Down_the_Rabbit_Hole

Post by Down_the_Rabbit_Hole »

So far, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire book is my favorite, but then again, every time I read a Harry Potter book, I'm like 'oh yes, this one is definitely the best'. I think J.K Rowling is amazing because she never fails to surprise her readers.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

I read all of the Harry Potter books and this one is probably my favorite. There are a lot of twists and turns in this one.
MiziS_1305
Favorite Book: The Lost Symbol
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mizis-1305.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by MiziS_1305 »

Personally, I found this book a bit disappointing when compared to other Harry Potter books as the trio friendship element that made me fall for this series was missing in this book.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I thought this was one of the best books in the series. I loved the World Cup and felt they cut way too much out in the movie. The tasks were great. I found myself wanting to skim through to get to the next task. The end of the contest was so tragic and sudden and the darkest moment of the series so far that it left me shocked and cold. J.K. Rowling is a pro.
thaservices1
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by thaservices1 »

This was my favorite in the series too. Up til this one the story was still very light hearted and here is where everything changes, it gets serious. Rowling threw me for a loop with Moody, I never saw it coming and mentally slapped my forehead, because it's all there. That's something I love about the books, the little details that seem to get lost in the whole that truly meant everything to the story. The movies never quite capture that.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”