Harry potter and the goblet of fire

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kkcutie49
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Harry potter and the goblet of fire

Post by Kkcutie49 »

This was literally my favorite book in the entire series. I still don’t understand how I couldn’t see the clues about Moody but I mean ***Spoiler*** he is kind of like the real one in the next book. But all in all it was amazing especially the part when Harry was chosen but he didn’t even place his name in! And towards the ending when Cedric died. I just love how everytime Harry narrowly escapes death from Voldemort every time.
Haute_Coffee
Currently Reading: Pimp
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haute-coffee.html
Latest Review: A Stone of Hope by Janet S. Kleinman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Haute_Coffee »

This is maybe my second-favorite HP book and my favorite of the movies. I love the dragon challenge.
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

Anacoana wrote: 15 Dec 2014, 15:54 I really enjoyed this book; with the Quidditch World Cup and the Triwizard Tournament we got to see so much of the wizarding world and culture that we hadn't before then. And energizer, I like to take the stance that people either brushed off odd things because Moody's a weird guy always, or that they felt something was off but figured it was because of everything he's been through. Or, a third choice, they thought something was a little off about him but weren't sure what and didn't have enough faith in the possible-offness that they felt comfortable bringing it up or confronting him about it.
You make several good points about Moody's offness not being questioned. I think it also makes it more realistic because there have been more than a couple of instances in real life where an imposter has taken over someone's life after some incident. It makes me think about how I would approach someone if I suspected they were not who they said they were.

This is my favorite book in the series, perhaps because we get to see other wizarding schools and it leads to the very dark books following it.

I will be very vague so as not to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't read or watched the movie but...That scene is heartbreaking, just as much as others because the character was an innocent (the others were part of the fight but this character... was not).
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

I love the book but I always cry at the end of this book, you get so involved with the characters that they are like old friends & when something happens to them it’s like you feel their pain & emotions. This book made me an emotional roller coaster!
rainydaysc64
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 834
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rainydaysc64.html
Latest Review: Isabella's Painting by Ellen Butler
Reading Device: B00OZTU156

Post by rainydaysc64 »

thaservices1 wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 16:39 This was my favorite in the series too. Up til this one the story was still very light hearted and here is where everything changes, it gets serious. Rowling threw me for a loop with Moody, I never saw it coming and mentally slapped my forehead, because it's all there. That's something I love about the books, the little details that seem to get lost in the whole that truly meant everything to the story. The movies never quite capture that.
This is the exact same reason that out of all of them Goblet of Fire is my favorite. I also loved seeing the different Wizarding Schools and had fun imagining the Triwizard Tournament taking place.
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

This is my second favorite book in the series, right behind deathly hallows. It was sad to see Cedric die, but, I loved the tournament and the 3 levels and finally, after 3 years of waiting, Voldemort came back. That was chilling!
Michael_Cries-a-ton
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Michael_Cries-a-ton »

This was by far the best of the series!

In Harry potter and the goblet of fire, JK Rowlings goes insane with all types of wizarding world details and possibilities, I felt that she was obligated to write a new series about the other schools, the way the wizarding world lives, Leprechaun mischiefs across the centuries....the possibilities are endless!!!
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Post by Tonika632 »

Harry Potter and the goblet of fire is my favourite of them all! I just love the concept of Triwizard tournament.
JustineSophia2
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justinesophia2.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by JustineSophia2 »

This was my second favorite book of the series, but I always found it kind of discouraging that no one was suspicious about Moody's behaviour. The ending of this book always makes me cry too.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

Harry Potter is one of the best series I’ve ever read! Professor Moody made a really smart move in that scene.
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

The goblet of fire is my favorite book and movie both.
Saitejasai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Saitejasai »

It is my second favorite book. After the half blood prince. Harry potter and the goblet of fire. I thing everyone loves these book. Harry has been chosen for the Triwizard cup with others. I really the character of Cedric. Really he played very well in these story. Even professor moody also was such an amazing character. When come to the story Harry has played better than the other competitors. It was the first time where had seen the voldemort in the maze. Where he was reboring. It was an emotional where Cedric has been killed by voldemort. It was really an a terrifying end.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”