Review of Bed of Rose and Thorns

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Reviewer100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewer100.html
Latest Review: Memoirs of a Management Consultant by Franco Guazzoni

Review of Bed of Rose and Thorns

Post by Reviewer100 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bed of Rose and Thorns" by Lee Hunt.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lee Hunt wrote Bed of Rose and Thorns. Ezra couldn't bear seeing the Queen in pain. He had murdered the prince of Erle, which caused the Queen to banish him eleven years ago. He resided where Lady Kristen offered him a place to stay. Ezra was an Elysian Bell. Rachel, Lady Kristen's daughter, fell in love with Ezra. Her long blonde hair kept on reminding Ezra of every moment he spent with the Queen as this was seductively luring him to want Rachel. This made Ezra always wear his armor to contain his feelings. Whenever Ezra chimed, his chiming lured the women around him—causing them to lust after him. He tried to control himself, but these women only made things worse. When Lady Kristen asked Ezra to be her "Senechal," she informed him that his banishment had been rescinded. Now, Ezra would take a journey to the Queendom with Pontes. His love for the Queen seemed to permeate his heart. He is the only one who could protect the Queen from her enemies.

From the onset, I could tell that this book was going to take me to a world of ecstasy and fantasy. This science fiction has a mix of romance, revealing how much a man can go for love. The book is made up of different themes. There is a lot to learn about love, kindness, and war. The intense romance in the novel kept the story going. The poems also added more rhyme to the book.

It appears that Ezra was a man of great principles. He talked about speaking the truth when necessary. Ezra tells what prevented him from the pain of his banishment by the Queen, which I think it's one principle to guide the heart.

I admire how Ezra portrayed the Queen and stated why he loves her. There is a lot of reality to Ezra's words about a leader. All scrutinize a leader, and no one understands the pain and restless nights a leader undergoes. The sacrifices you made seem not appreciated and recognized. But daily, a leader is being scorned by the people she leads.

I love the high suspense in the book. Each time Ezra takes a step to see the Queen, he is stopped by an incident. Sometimes, he doesn't get to see her in time. As I read, this lures me to find out if Ezra will eventually be able to see the Queen or not.

I think Ezra's reply to the Queen when she asked him why he loved her was all it takes to appreciate a relationship. He confessed his last secret, which was about understanding. This his last secret, I assume, is the bedrock of friendship also. I also love the author's style of writing. The book centers on Queendom. The "Knights" were women. This makes this book worth my time. There was absolutely nothing I disliked in this book.

I found a few errors while reading. The book seems professionally edited. I would gladly rate Bed of Rose and Thorns by Lee Hunt 4 out of 4 stars. I would love to recommend this book to lovers of romance novels with a mix of science fiction. Since adult content was strong, I would request younger readers to walk away from this book.

Bed of Rose and Thorns
View: on Bookshelves
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

sounds like an interesting read even if I am not a big fan of fantasy even the book cover is very alluring, I like the mixture of fantasy and romance included in the book. great review
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

Ordinarily, romance novels are not my thing but this is an awesome review
Mathurambiga Maniom
Favorite Book: Shiver
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mathurambiga-maniom.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mathurambiga Maniom »

The story of Bed of Rose and Thorns is alluring, where it pictures the scenes that occur amongst those who reign a kingdom and conflicts among the highnesses. The fantasy will surely make us stick to the book till the end, and I cannot deny that I can't wait to add this book to my wishlist. Thank you for the review.
Ndip Eliajah Atta
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ndip Eliajah Atta »

The book tittle beds of Rose and thorns, is an interesting love package, where the prince was murder or kill at the end an Ezra was bannash.
Due to the sweetness and knowledgeable aspect of the book, such as it create awareness to those in the world of love and romance. I m very happy to come across such an educative text book.
Ndip Eliajah Atta
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ndip Eliajah Atta »

It is also a special way of studying an understanding especially in the book of beds of Rose and thorns as how it teaches the entire universe.i happy for the review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Enigma Rose
Bookshelf Size: 883
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am glad to see a fantasy novel with strong women as the central characters. A queendom is very interesting to me. I hope that Ezra can express his feelings adequately.
sammie_kendi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by sammie_kendi »

Im looking forward to reading this book, i love a blend of history,romance and war
BLESS_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bless.html
Latest Review: The Proximity of Stars by Benedict Stuart

Post by BLESS_ »

Interesting review. I enjoy reading romance novel.
Paul_
Currently Reading: Beyond Despair
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Paul_ »

Ezra seems like an interesting man. I would check the book out. Wonderful review.
Siphesihle Prince
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siphesihle-prince.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Siphesihle Prince »

From the cover art of the book, and it's genre belonging to Sci-Fi, I envisioned the book to be about wars and conflict. I'm not exactly saying that I'm disappointed about the story focus being on a romance, though, and really, the title "Bed Of Rose And Thorn" was telling.

Romance books aren't exactly my taste for the moment, but I'm enthralled by the scenes you've weaved in your review. The universe in which the story takes place seems interesting as well. I'm genuinely compelled to give this book a shot later. Thank you for the review!
Bees lifestyle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bees-lifestyle.html
Latest Review: Peril and Splendor by Caleb Birch

Post by Bees lifestyle »

I think this book contains different themes. Generally, fantasy books are great. I look forward to reading this. Thank you for the review.
Lotus1690
Currently Reading: Making Her His
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Lotus1690 »

The book tittle beds of Rose and thorns, is an interesting love package, where the prince was murder or kill at the end an Ezra was bannash. I am glad to see a fantasy novel with strong women as the central characters. A queendom is very interesting to me. I'm looking forward to reading this book, i love a blend of history,romance and war.
Kehinde_211
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehinde-211.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Kehinde_211 »

This book contains several plot and thematic preoccupations which are both exploring and catchy. Nice review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Going Dark
Bookshelf Size: 335
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
2023 Reading Goal: 60
2023 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm not sure about this novel because of its strong romance element, which is not my kind of stuff, otherwise, it seems like an engaging fantasy story. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”