Review of Rulers of the Galaxy

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Boredreader24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boredreader24.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Review of Rulers of the Galaxy

Post by Boredreader24 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Rulers of the Galaxy" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rulers of the Galaxy is a sci-fi novel by Tayma Tameem, that follows an intergalactic war between the elementals and the imperials, two civilizations unwilling to yield to the other. During the blessing of the newly born son of the royals, the planet of the elementals is attacked and decimated by the imperial forces. Salarin wakes up in the middle of a war with no memory of who she is. She escapes with a baby she found to the planet of Eleventar, formerly under the rule of now defeated elementals. She meets Bosco, a man who stalked her for protection. Together they go on an epic journey to discover who Salarin is, what she was doing on the elemental planet, and who the baby belongs to. But that seems to prove more difficult than she thought as she's unwillingly placed on the run from combined military forces of the imperials and the raiders, while intentionally walking into a fierce battle between nations vying for the control of the elemental planet. But with a voice constantly calling to her, will she risk it all for a chance at finding out who she is, especially when not all is as it seems.

The premise of the story was very intriguing, following the journey of Salarin as she wades through several obstacles, constantly showing admirable qualities of courage, bravery empathy, and love was a fulfilling read. The author does a great job of describing to the utmost detail the events that took place in the book, the emotions of the characters, and their relationship with others. From start to finish, there was no boring part as each chapter kept the reader hooked with the story it told. The proper description of events helped in the visualization of the story, further adding to its alluring nature.

In retrospect, the novel seemed to be extremely fast-paced and made it quite difficult to keep up with. The constant talk of the genocide of entire races might not appeal to most readers, and that is a recurring theme in the story. The mass killings and mild violence are worth mentioning.

All in all, the novel was interesting till the end, having the ability to constantly keep readers on their toes. It was full of suspense and mystery, showing the amount of effort put into the book. While reading, I noticed no mistakes showing that the book was professionally edited. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book to lovers of sci-fi and intergalactic stories. This book does not discriminate against religion, although there are instances of mild violence.

Rulers of the Galaxy
View: on Bookshelves
Juliette1812
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliette1812.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Juliette1812 »

Great review... I'll definitely check this book out.
Themmie10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themmie10.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Themmie10 »

I’ve read a book from this author before and she never fails to deliver. I love this. I’m definitely reading this next. Thanks for the review!
Edet Joy
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edet-joy.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Edet Joy »

I love this storyline and science fiction is what piques my interest, I'll be sure to give this one a tryout!
Mileylex112
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mileylex112.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Mileylex112 »

Wow, a great review. Good job. I will love to read this book as the storyline seems quite interesting. Thanks
OEA_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oea.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by OEA_ »

Beautiful. I'm not sure I'm a fan of genocide, but I like the title and description.
Akangbe Opeyemi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Qualify
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akangbe-opeyemi.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Akangbe Opeyemi »

I love science fictions and the adventures of Salarin is something to look forward to. She needs to find herself and she also saved a child with no identity. This storyline seems interesting. Nice review
Ghrey Thel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghrey-thel.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Post by Ghrey Thel »

The storyline is intriguing and your review is well detailed. I'm adding this book to my shelve right now
Ekanem Onyinye Uduak-Abasi
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekanem-onyinye-uduak-abasi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ekanem Onyinye Uduak-Abasi »

Tayma is a great author and she never fails to deliver. I read the book a while back and I was hooked from start to finish
Rita Nuncia
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rita-nuncia.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Rita Nuncia »

Your review is very interesting. It caught my attention and now I want to read this book. Nice work!
Oyedele Tomijane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cleverspider001.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Oyedele Tomijane »

Intergalactic wars are fun to read, and I actually have a taste for the violence in them. Thanks for the lovely review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”