Review of Make Me Exist: A Heart-Pounding Sci-Fi Romance (Lost in Time Book 1)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amanda Bradshaw
Currently Reading: None Like Him
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-bradshaw.html
Latest Review: Make Me Exist: A Heart-Pounding Sci-Fi Romance (Lost in Time Book 1) by Brittany Ziegler
2022 Reading Goal: 52
2022 Goal Completion: 5%

Review of Make Me Exist: A Heart-Pounding Sci-Fi Romance (Lost in Time Book 1)

Post by Amanda Bradshaw »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Make Me Exist: A Heart-Pounding Sci-Fi Romance (Lost in Time Book 1)" by Brittany Ziegler.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Valerie Carling, single-mom to six-year-old Charlotte, has a decent co-parenting relationship with her ex-husband Alex and his new wife Olivia. She is just an average person, until she finds out that herself and Charlotte are not actually human. Strange men show up to Charlotte’s birthday party and from there the family’s whole lives change. Valerie is actually Cyran and is a part of an alien race older than humans and other aliens are hunting her to either kill or kidnap her. The problem is that she does not remember her true past or why she is being hunted. Make Me Exist (Lost in Time Book 1) by Brittany Ziegler is a science-fiction romance novel set on Earth and full of action, love, and loss.

When Cyran learns that she is an alien and that these strange men that showed up to her daughter’s birthday party are her family and friends she recovers tidbits of memories but does not remember who she is or where she came from. Now, Cyran must recover her memories and protect herself, her daughter, and her family from the aliens hunting her. She also must sort out the romantic feelings she is not sure if she still has towards Rogue, one of the men from her past.

Reading Make Me Exist was exciting and engaging, but there were some major plot holes that were a negative aspect for me. Facts that were given early in the novel did not carry through to the end and it impacted the overall storyline. This novel was difficult to put down and was one that I could sit down and read for long stretches of time, which was a positive aspect for me. This novel may be triggering for some people as there were many violent scenes along with scenes of rape and profane language. I do feel that this book was professionally edited as I only found one editing error.

I rate Make Me Exist 3 out of 4 stars because I enjoyed the story line and the characters, but the plot holes were large enough to take away from the overall story. I felt that the characters were realistic in a science-fiction novel setting, and Ziegler does well at making the reader love the good guys and hate the bad guys.

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys science-fiction but would not recommend it to someone who does not enjoy romance. The story is science-fiction in nature but is also heavily romantic. I would not recommend this book to anyone who would not want to read images of graphic violence or rape.

Make Me Exist: A Heart-Pounding Sci-Fi Romance (Lost in Time Book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”