Review of Doyle's Law

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Review of Doyle's Law

Post by Apple 7 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Doyle's Law" by Sam Roberts.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The future of mankind is dependent on the discovery of an ostracized scientist and the realization of the current team leader. O'Connor recounts his deeds from a variety of perspectives which destiny deemed him worthy of experiencing. His actions, encounters and outcomes are mind-blowing as such occurrences are inevitably impossible. O'Connor supposedly interacts with himself from a variety of timelines and is forced to repeatedly evaluate his mannerisms with himself, his crew and eventually his rescuers which set him on a path of frustration, regret, dismay, acceptance, appreciation and finally closure. To what extent will time disrupt reality? Who exactly is responsible for the never ending cycle of errors? How will time travel enlighten the mind of its captive while permitting the brief interaction of the paranormal entities?

Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts is a science fiction well-described by both its name and image. The author slowly, steadily, and accurately builds the story of the book to captivate the reader through proper placing of specific elements such as the characters like O'Connor (first, second, third and fourth), Ryburn, Benson, McSweeny, Doyle, Anderson and Radcliffe, who all perform assigned scientific and social roles. The build up was very necessary to ensure the understanding of the reader. The vivid description of the environment, available technology, timelines, consumables and other unknown characters by assigning numbers with regards to circumstances while journeying is intriguing. The association of events to create the theory Doyle's Law was impeccable and creative.

The book when patiently indulged in proves very interesting and Captivating, but the slow build up as the story proceeds might put off some readers, as some of the descriptions seem bulky.

The book from my perspective was well-edited as I found only one error while reading. There were confrontations, resolutions, and misconceptions which all added the much needed 'flavour' to the book. My rating is a 4 out of 4 as it is an enjoyable read.

I recommend the book to fans of time travel and paranormal activity, as the book truly posseses qualities of an excellent science fiction movie.

Doyle's Law
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

Interesting storyline. It sounds like something I would enjoy reading. Thanks for the great review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

Much appreciated, and you'll definitely enjoy it
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I'm curious how he ended up going through all the different timelines and how he was "saved" in the end. I guess I will just have to read it to find out. Lol Thanks for your wonderful review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”