Review of Superbugs

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nazzy_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nazzy.html
Latest Review: No Matter What by Monika Polefka-Proulx

Review of Superbugs

Post by Nazzy_ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Superbugs" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This sci-fi book involved longing for leadership and domination after the "Pandemic Era" and the "Great Plague of 2082." Superbugs, written by Tayma Tameem, is a story about the struggle for power and domination between the Oso Cartel, Van Leuven Island, and Novel Corporation, among Cannibal Gangs and Cure Crews. There is a peculiar struggle between the leader of the Oso Cartel, “the strongest woman on earth,” Lupita Lopez, and the surviving child of Gloria and Peter Corrie. Who would eventually win in the catfight? There is a play of deception, lies, pride, racism, murder of innocent people as against loyalty, and an organized resistance group. There can only be one winner. Who gets the victory? The Resistance, the Oso Cartel, or the Henk?

I loved the way Tayma went around the plot tactfully, bringing in the story of Lily and Clarke's love for one another. Also, we noticed Aleph and Latonya's relationship as sisters, Corrie and Lupita's malice against one another. Another likable feature was El Gordo's deceptive plan to lead the cartel. Similar to that was the Resistance's plan for the great revolution. Tayma created all these with the right timing and enough suspense to make me keep reading even to the last chapter.

The suspense was developed when Lupita got back like a queen after discovering the evil intentions of El Gordo. I thought she was eventually going for victory over the Resistance. The book was engaging. I didn't only read with my eyes; I imagined with my mind. Every line, paragraph, page, chapter captivated me. I remember vividly one of the lines on page 202, “The topography of Corrie’s body was more about plains and angles than rolling hills and the deep valleys that cut through them.” This description of Corrie's body in figurative words blew my mind.

I didn't dislike anything about the book. From the theme of deceit, betrayal, malice, hatred, war, love, unity, the author revealed a remarkable skill. All of these themes were well expressed in the story.

Overall, I will rate Superbugs 4 out of 4 stars. This book is one like no other. It is peculiar in all sense, from its plot, setting, diction, and characterization. I have not read one like it in a long time. It was also professionally edited, though I found a few errors.

If you love fantasy books, one that takes you to the future, I believe this book is for you.

Superbugs
View: on Bookshelves
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Dogs of Warr by TR Gabriel

Post by Ghuddie »

Sci-fi isn't one of my favorite genres. However, I'm confident that fans of the genre will enjoy this one. Great review.
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
2022 Reading Goal: 10
2022 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Asiaa Szn »

I just recently started reading works on sci-fiction and this has captivated me. Definitely reading this.
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

The review of this science fiction book leaves me wanting to know who came out victorious. I'll love to read this one.
Venus2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-venus2304.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Venus2304 »

Although, not a fan of sci-fi , I am most certain that people who love the genre will find the book interesting.
Good work on the review.
Raymond N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymond-n.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by Raymond N »

Filled with a lot of suspense, definitely. Captivating storyline. Thank you for the review.
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

Superbugs is an intriguing work of fantasy that involves the struggle for power by different sect of persons on earth. The plot is quite unique, and I would love to read the book. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”