Review of The Winding

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JM Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jm-reviews.html
Latest Review: Falling Toward Redemption by B.D.Vannoy
2022 Reading Goal: 150
2022 Goal Completion: 5%

Review of The Winding

Post by JM Reviews »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Winding" by Avi Datta.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Loving someone often means sacrificing for them. We often put the needs of our loved ones above our own. It hurts to see someone you love suffer, especially if you can do something to free them from their suffering. The Winding: Time Corrector Series Book 1 by Avi Datta is a science fiction novel that covers the themes of love, friendship, intelligence, fantasy, and loss.

Vincent Abajian, the protagonist in the novel, is an orphan who has learned to rely on his intelligence for survival. After losing his close friend, Akane Egami, in time turbulence, he becomes lonely. After meeting Philip Nardin, a survivor of time turbulence, Vincent is motivated to create time turbulence to bring back his friend, Akane. He then meets a beautiful lady, Emika, who joins them to work in their firm. She is an intelligent and irresistible post-doctoral scientist. Will Vincent be able to free Emika from the grasp of Akane?

The book contains three hundred and fourteen pages. It is divided into twenty chapters. The story is told from the first-person point of view. The author uses both the present and past tenses throughout the book. Every chapter has a subheading that briefly summarizes the contents of the chapter.

There are several things I liked about the book. First, I liked how the author kept the book suspenseful. For example, I was eager to know what would happen when Vincent finally enters the time turbulence. This kept me glued to the book. Second, I liked how the storyline had a pleasant flow; the plot was arranged so perfectly that it was easy to understand, even when the author used flashbacks. For example, on page 77, when Vincent flashbacks about Akane while telling Emika about her, it is clear and distinct. Since I didn't find any grammatical errors while reading, this book was exceptionally edited.

The only thing I disliked about the book was how the author introduced many characters. This made it hard to keep up with the names, as others only appeared once in the book. For example, on page 153, when Vincent enters Philip's study, he finds three gentlemen: Jerry, Kenji, and Alberto. These characters only appear in that chapter.

In conclusion, although this book isn't perfect, I liked and enjoyed reading it. I, therefore, rate it four out of four stars. I didn't give it a lower rating because the aforementioned flaw didn't affect my enjoyment of the book at all. I recommend it to an audience that enjoys reading science fiction books, especially those involving multiple dimensions.

The Winding
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
“If you don’t read the news paper you’re uninformed. If you do read it you’re misinformed.”

- Denzel Washington:D
bhattuc
Favorite Book: Identity And Violence
Currently Reading: The Power of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 26
2022 Reading Goal: 15
2022 Goal Completion: 80%

Post by bhattuc »

A science fiction with appropriate thrill and suspense definitely deserves a read. Would try to read it one day.
Darlington O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-o.html
Latest Review: Free to be Me by Annette Johnson

Post by Darlington O »

Too many characters can make it difficult to follow. This looks like a good read nevertheless
Kirsi_78
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-78.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin
2022 Reading Goal: 30
2022 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Kirsi_78 »

I like the names of the characters, they are not the most typical ones. However, a plot built around time turbulence is uninteresting to me. I never cared much about books that toy with time. This is a first book of the series, I wonder what the second book might be about?

Thanks for the lovely review!
Pencrafter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pencrafter.html
Latest Review: Wrath of Justice by Denna Holm

Post by Pencrafter »

Seems like an encouraging book. I would check it out.
Swenie Claire L
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Swenie Claire L »

Loving someone is so much suffering
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

A Science fiction book mixed with love is a must read for me.
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

Losing a loved one always affects us. Vincent lost his friend and he is now lonely, but when he hard that his friend can be saved he decides to engage in creating a time turbulence. The actions that we make always have repercussions and consequences, I would love to know the repercussions of Vincent's actions. Thanks for your wonderful review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Emergence
Bookshelf Size: 269
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Family Business by James Jack Fauser
2022 Reading Goal: 57
2022 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging science fiction novel with interesting themes and intriguing premises. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”