Review of The Watchmaker’s Doctor

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Review of The Watchmaker’s Doctor

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Watchmaker’s Doctor" by G. M. T. Schuilling.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wished you could go back in time? What things would you change? What things would you have done differently? Doctor Anaya Jones found herself in a peculiar situation. One of her patients, a watchmaker, gave her a unique watch. A few minutes later, she met in an accident and died. She noticed that the watch started going backwards! Miraculously she was still alive. She went back to the watchmaker to try to understand what was happening. He told her that she had been given a second chance to live her life over from any point she chooses. She gladly chose to go back to the last day of high school in order to make better choices in terms of going to college. The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling is an amazing time-travelling story.

The Watchmaker's Doctor was easy to read and had a compelling storyline. I finished reading the book in one sitting. Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. It was quite an engrossing read. My favorite aspect of this story is seeing how when Anaya went back to being eighteen, all the things she used to take for granted when she was younger became so very important to her. This story calls for the reader to reflect on their own lives and to cherish the small things we take for granted.

I did not find one thing I disliked about the book. It is not just a typical time-traveling story. It was full of emotions and quite relatable. I could picture myself in Anaya's shoes, knowing that her friend would die and not being able to do anything about it.

The Watchmaker's Doctor was exceptionally well edited as I didn't find any typing or grammatical errors. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. There were many lessons and encouraging words throughout this novel. I think the most important lesson of this story is that you should choose the path that makes you happy, so you won't live a life of regret. I learnt some valuable lessons from this book that I will be able to apply to my own life. After all, we only get one chance at life, and we don't have a magical watch that can take us back in time.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about time travel. Also, for persons who are holding back and not living their best life, this book is definitely an encouraging one.

The Watchmaker’s Doctor
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”