Review of Chasing The Red Queen

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Luchris_klaus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-klaus.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Review of Chasing The Red Queen

Post by Luchris_klaus »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Chasing The Red Queen" by Karen Glista.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista is an intriguing fictional novel with a paranormal theme. Donja Bellanger is a young teenage girl who is into many things, she is lively and caring. The book starts with the marriage between Lisa Bellanger, Donja's mother, and Carson Hampton, her stepfather. Six years earlier, Her father, Donald Frank Bellanger, was killed by a car bomb placed next to the government towers in Norway. After the marriage, Carson and Lisa's family relocate to Michigan Soo where they start a new life until something happens, and Donja begins to learn about her family's history. Torin Mancini, an Iridescent, is determined on apprehending the rogue Iridescent that has been causing havoc in the city. Torin's job brings him close to Donja and together they get into a relationship. Meanwhile, Garret, a top member of the council of Iridescent in michigan, has the plan of abducting Donja from Torin and using her to achieve his own devilish plans which involves Donja's marriage to his son, Zorac. Will Garret acheive his aim?

Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista is an interesting fictional novel that delves into myths and legends about creatures that are similar to vampire in nature. The author did a good job in the presentation of the prologue. The prologue gave a summarized detail of what the story entails. The author did a good job in using simple words that helped in expressing his ideas and perspective.

The book is filled with fast-paced action and fantasy that would keep you glued till the end. The author used various themes in presenting the story. The book involves themes such as romance, paranormal, love, and family.

I love the plot of the book. The characterization of the book by the author is quite fascinating, and it helped me to flow well with the book. I learned a few lessons from the book. Donja is a determined girl who loves her family. I learned about perseverance, determination, and loyalty.

I love every aspect of the book, and I enjoyed reading it. From the description of the book, I was expecting a sci-fi novel, but what the book entails is quite different from a normal sci-fi novel. It is the only negative aspect.

This book was well-written. The book was professionally edited. I did not notice any error while reading the book.

I recommend the book to all lovers of fiction. This book would be an interesting read for anyone who loves fictional book with a paranormal theme. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars due to the point mentioned earlier.

Chasing The Red Queen
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

I've also read this book. The strong love the family shared for each other was the best part of the novel to me. Thanks for a lovely review! :D

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”