Review of Awakening

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Review of Awakening

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Awakening" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Redemption by Tayma Tameem is the third book in the Awakening series. Though a lot has happened in the previous two books, this third book can be understood perfectly on its own. At the heart of the story is a war between kingdoms, but it also has to do with individuals discovering themselves and their purpose.

In Redemption, three kingdoms (Brule, Sol, and Hale) were facing the threat of losing all they had to a common enemy. This common enemy, the Gallorians, believed the continent rightly belonged to them, as they were banished from it centuries ago. Now, they were back in full force and fury to take over. There was no army as large and ferocious as the Gallorians. Each of the kingdoms had to think hard to come up with tactics to defeat the Gallorians. Alliances were made, and betrayals were exposed. A war that would change their lives forever was the result.

The story in this book is well told. The author does an excellent job connecting the preceding book in the series so that the reader is not lost. The weaving of magic and superpowers, alongside the book's setting, makes for a classic narrative. Each character is unique and a vital part of the plot. Just when you think you know what one of them is up to, events surprisingly change. With that, there's enough suspense in the book to get one turning the pages till the end.

I love the fusion of adventure, fantasy, and romance in the book. War stories can be tedious to read, but this one is rich with tales that intertwine the characters beautifully. I can relate to some of the characters, as I understand their fears and concerns. I like the part of assigning spirits to the four seasons: winter, spring, summer, and fall. The features of each season are also displayed through the characters in which their spirits find interest. The powers the characters display are also characteristic of the weather conditions of the seasons. I find this to be superb. There are only two errors, and Tayma is talented with the use of words. Every time I read her book, I fall in love with her skills.

I couldn't find anything that I didn't like about the book; I thoroughly enjoyed it. Therefore, I’d rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I'd recommend this book to readers who love romance and adventure, with a touch of history.

Awakening
View: on Bookshelves
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

I really enjoy a good fantasy novel which is well written and this one seems quite interesting to me so I think I'll look into it a bit more. Thanks for the amazing review.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

This fantasy really promised a thrilling read for relaxation. I will also enjoy the book for the fact that the author's use of words is interesting.
Signature of Grace.
Niklaus Mikaelson 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Niklaus Mikaelson 1 »

The book has an interesting storyline. It is filled with lessons to learn. I would love to read. Thanks for your review.
kittykat6132
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kittykat6132.html
Latest Review: The Senator's Suitcase by Mitch Engel

Post by kittykat6132 »

Books with ancient tales are so charming. I am truly intrigued.
Uchechukwu Okereke
Currently Reading: The Aftermath Of The King
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Uchechukwu Okereke »

Awakening sounds like a great book. The story of a relatable villain who isn't the antagonist just to be evil, in this case, the Gallorians, is one I can get behind. Thank you for your review.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

Adventure, romance and fantasy fused in one book. It must be an interesting read. I love the storyline already. Great review.
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

Tayma Tameem is a great writer. Any book of hers is a must read for me. Redemption sounds captivatingi would love to read it. Thanks for the informative review.
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

The seasons' spirits part seems really interesting! Thank you for the great review:)
Nessa Taylor
Favorite Author: Charles Townsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nessa-taylor.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale
fav_author_id: 232651

Post by Nessa Taylor »

I always enjoy any book by this author. Seems like this would be enjoyable to read.
Luchris_klaus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-klaus.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Luchris_klaus »

Tayma did a good job in the characterization of the book. It has a nice storyline and I would love to read it. Thanks for your review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm reading great comments about Tayma Tameem's novels, and this one seems terrific as well. That's one more reason to look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

Redemption is a hard thing to accomplish, I love the storyline of the book. Tayma did a good job in the characterization of the book. Good review.
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy (series) by Claire Youmans

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

It is quite hard to be redeemed. I would love to know if Queen Armira was able to escape the imprisonment. I would love to know if she was able to meet her husband. This book would be a good read for me. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”