Review of The Watchmaker’s Doctor

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Review of The Watchmaker’s Doctor

Post by Rishi_reviews »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Watchmaker’s Doctor" by G. M. T. Schuilling.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The story begins with Anaya waking up late once again for her daily job. She gets ready as quickly as she can and moves out for her shift as a nurse. She walked in a fast pace and finally met Greg, her patient. Anaya didn't feel a bond with any of her other patients, but there was something about Greg that got her attention. He looked like he's not older than 50 but his real age was more than 100 years old. When Anaya asked him about his secret, he just said, it's in the genes. They laughed it off and talked about things like they usually did.

Anaya remembers that she has to be somewhere else as well for her other shift. When she was about to leave, Greg offered her his watch saying, you're always late and you don't have one of your own, so you should keep it. She refused at first but accepts it at the end. While she was crossing the road, she got hit by a truck and fell to the ground. She saw blood all around her, and she saw Greg's watch, the dials of which started to rotate backwards. And in an instant she was back with Greg on the bench. Greg told her his whole story about the watch and then sent her 18 years back in the past on her request, so that she can make her life a little better than this, but little did she know about its consequences. Read The Watchmaker's Doctor by G. M. T Schuilling to know more.

The thing that I liked the most about this book is that I was not able to put it down once I started reading it. The story is that captivating that you won't be bored for even a single minute. The main factor that made me pick this book was that it was really short, like it was just 100 pages, and with a story so interesting. Maybe cause it's the first book in the series that why it's so short, cause you got to keep the reader interested in the story. But none the less it was really enjoyable. I like the fact that it didn't go all the way to Anaya's childhood, but to the age where she knew what she had to do and how she could do it. All in all, a pretty amazing book.

The vocabulary in it is pretty simple, so anyone can enjoy it. It was really well edited, as I did not find any grammatical mistakes or typos in it. The storyline and writing style of the author were quite interesting as well. I finished it in one sitting so that's something to count as well, cause I generally don't read this much in one go. It has some minor profanity, but there are no vulgar scenes in it, so I can say it will be suitable for teens and young adults.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, as I didn't find any grammatical mistakes in it, and I really enjoyed the whole story. There was nothing I could complain about. I would recommend this book to people who like sci-fi fantasy genre or are into time travel and stuff. Teenagers and young adults will also find it quite interesting.

The Watchmaker’s Doctor
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the story is captivating and that the book holds the attention of the readers well. Thanks for the thorough review.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

I love time travel and this sounds super intriguing. Thanks for a lovely review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
J Edwards
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: Global Business in the Age of Transformation
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-edwards.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by J Edwards »

This book seems to have an interesting storyline. I would be fascinated by the idea of moving back in time like this lady in the story. I liked your review too. Thanks.
:character-bart:
“We don’t receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.”

French novelist Marcel Proust.
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:

Post by Rishi_reviews »

J Edwards wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 08:23 This book seems to have an interesting storyline. I would be fascinated by the idea of moving back in time like this lady in the story. I liked your review too. Thanks.
Yes the story is quite captivating. Thanks for stopping by.
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:

Post by Rishi_reviews »

Niens Now wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 10:53 I love time travel and this sounds super intriguing. Thanks for a lovely review.
You're most welcome. Anytime.
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:

Post by Rishi_reviews »

markodim721 wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 04:32 I like that the story is captivating and that the book holds the attention of the readers well. Thanks for the thorough review.
Yes the story is pretty interesting with some really well written twists and turns.
asteel18
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asteel18.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by asteel18 »

I'm always up for a story about time travel. And, it sounds like this is a riveting tale. Thanks for the review!
-Amy

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”