Review of The Elite

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Review of The Elite

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Elite" by DJ Wilson.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Elite is a great fiction book that feels a lot like a movie. DJ Wilson is the author of this book, and he has done a great job with its storyline and concept. This is Wilson’s first book, and I think you might find it as creative as I did.

Humanity began on Mars, but due to a disaster, its inhabitants had to leave and find another planet to live on. Some people moved to Earth, and some remained on Mars to try to adapt to the new state of the planet. But after many years, they realized that surviving on Mars was impossible, so they moved to Earth. The first set of people that arrive on Earth are known as Apoikians, and the second set that arrives years later is known as Iatros. When the Iatros arrived on Earth, they found out that the Apoikians were different from how they were on Mars, and it was a problem. Several years later, a new threat to the Iatros has emerged in the form of an organization called The Movement, and Clay and Kate soon find themselves in the middle of the conflict.

The storyline and concept of this book are my favorite things about it. The author meticulously crafted the storyline to feel like all the facts and histories of humanity explained in the book are spot on and real. The pyramids created by the Iatros as power plants felt realistic. The author wrote with simple words that most people will understand, and I enjoyed his choice of words. I also admired Remington's wealth and how he traveled wherever he wanted with so much ease.

Despite enjoying this book, there were some things I didn't like about it. A good example is how I couldn't feel the urgency or gravity of the things happening to Clay and Kate. I also wished there was more suspense in this story. I didn't like how the book was unable to hold my attention because of the way the plot and chronology of events in the book were executed. It also felt like some things were happening too fast or too soon, and a good example is how fast Clay stopped mourning his loss and was soon in love again.

I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars because the reading experience wasn't as fluid as I'd have liked it to be. The lack of suspense also affected the story, thereby preventing a great story from reaching its full potential. I didn't rate it lower because the story was good, and the concept of humanity originating from Mars felt fresh to me. I also didn't find any errors, and I believe that this book received professional editing. I recommend DJ Wilson's The Elite to people over the age of 16 who won't mind a short, fast-paced, sci-fi book that has elements of drama and romance. People who like puzzling books or crime investigation would also enjoy reading this book.

The Elite
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

A book where humanity began their lives on Mars. Quite intriguing I must say.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

I like books that have a semblance of realism, but without suspense, the story is dead in the water. I'm going to skip this one. Thanks for an insightful review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-ok.html
Latest Review: A Murder in Brownsville by Donald Steven Collins

Post by Nonso Ok »

I was starting to love the book already. Thank you for the honest review.
Shivansh_007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivansh-007.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Shivansh_007 »

This seems like a really amazing story. I have heard about this conspiracy theory but didn't know a book has been written about it already. Thanks for the review.
Shivansh_007
Currently Reading:

Post by Shivansh_007 »

This seems like a really amazing story. I have heard about this conspiracy theory but didn't know a book has been written about it already. Thanks for the review.
Shivansh_007
Currently Reading:

Post by Shivansh_007 »

Uchechukwu Okereke
Currently Reading: The Aftermath Of The King
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Uchechukwu Okereke »

Thank you for your review! This book sounds like a book for all generic Sci-Fi fans, really, especially if you're a fan of Christopher Nolan. I am curious to find out what surprise awaits the Latros as the arrive on earth and hopefully, the subtle but present differences with the depiction of the book's Earth and Mars and that of our current reality. So while your rating of the book might be justified, I would love to give it a chance.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I have mixed feelings about this book due to the mix of merits and flaws you pointed out. I might give it a chance. Thank you for your honest review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

This seems like an interesting topic to me. I've read about the theory a little but didn't know it has been written into a book. Although it has some flaws so I'll have to look into it a little further to make my mind for it. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”