Review of OldEarth Aram Encounter

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Review of OldEarth Aram Encounter

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "OldEarth Aram Encounter" by A. K. Frailey.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

OldEarth Aram Encounter by A. K. Frailey is a book that you'll read and not forget in a hurry. It is the first of a series of five novels. The history is fascinating, the characters are uniquely intriguing, the plot is very rich, and the events are fascinating.

OldEarth Aram Encounter started with the migration of Aram's clan. The land they knew had become dangerous to them; they needed a new and safer place to dwell. As can be expected, everyone had their opinion of the right choice to make, but Aram did his best as a leader. Finally discovering a land to their taste, they settled down. Soon enough, other dangers came calling. They encountered their neighbors from different clans; some were good, and some were bad. They faced many battles — with their emotions, choices, each other, and enemies. All the while, supernatural beings that they were not aware of watched them. But they looked up to a supreme being to help them through life.

I've often wondered how a group of people begin to dwell in a place and call it their own. This book gave me a good picture of the answer. Living in the early ages couldn't have been easy with all the negative factors — wild animals, famine, diseases, bandits, and enemies. In today's modern world, we take a lot for granted. All the necessities of life are easily accessible to us. Here, in this book, are people who had to fight to lay hold of just food and water. Danger could come from anywhere. They were at the mercy of the elements. And it was not surprising that they looked up to a supreme being to help and save them through it all.

I couldn't help but notice the unique way the author presented the chapter titles. Above each heading was the name of the period or location of the events in that chapter. I found it as intriguing as the author's choice of fonts. Readers would never get lost navigating the content of the book.

This book is one of the best books I've read in a long while. The author crafts her words very well as she creates the characters and the events in the book. She does an excellent job of taking us into the mind of the characters. I find no fault with the writing and editing; everything is perfect. Therefore, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

This book has a religious undertone, as it talks about the different gods to whom different characters looked up. Someone who has no tolerance for that may not need to read this book. Besides that, I recommend it to lovers of adventure and science fiction.

OldEarth Aram Encounter
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Shivali Y
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivali-y.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Shivali Y »

This sounds like a great adventure book. I like how you've mentioned that the author takes us into the characters' minds. Thanks for a great review!
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

Science fiction lovers will enjoy this one. Great review.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

I love the this book, the storyline is quite captivating. Great review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

It looks like there are a lot of potential dangers for Aram's clan, so the plot must be quite intense and full of adventure. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

Quite an intriguing plot we have here. Would definitely love to have this book on my shelf. Great review here.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Post by Roy Nick »

So adventurous, and the science fiction is top-notch! I love the plot. Wonderfully written review!
Lydia Efobi 1
Favorite Book: Love Hypothesis
Currently Reading: Six of Crows
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia-efobi-1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Lydia Efobi 1 »

This book has a lot of packed adventures. It also holds mysteries and supernatural characters. I must say, i’m impressed by the plot. Congratulations on BOTD!
Petronila O
Favorite Book: Annihilation
Currently Reading: Free Fish Friday
Bookshelf Size: 556

Post by Petronila O »

Sci-fi fantasy story redemption a story of the early years of mankind as man struggle to survive and live for others Ann frailey brought out the story of each character as they face danger and dilemma and must make decision concerning their future..
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

My first thought was that I was staring at Frodo Baggins’ face when I saw this book! 😂 Well, obviously this is not the story of a Hobbit, but nevertheless, it sounds fascinating. Aram and his clan sound like a fascinating bunch of people, and it is as you say; they had to fight for their existence and that is something we as modern people know nothing about. I am curious to see what you mean by rich plot and uniquely intriguing characters, so I’ll surely add this book to my reading list!
Kirsi
Official Reviewer Representative
Taiwo_Olawoye
Currently Reading: OldEarth Aram Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1femi1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Taiwo_Olawoye »

This book seems to be an amazing adventure for Alan and his clan. However danger lock in the corner. His challenge as a leader is to guide them through all the enemies that is constantly watching them. He must fight when necessary for him, his family and the entire clan to be safe. Thanks for the review.
Emilie Mathiesen
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Emilie Mathiesen »

This sounds like a very interesting novel, with a lot of action and adventure. It also looks like you could learn a lot by reading this book, which I would definitely love! Great review!
fire_spice
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fire-spice.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by fire_spice »

That Reviewer wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 11:31 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "OldEarth Aram Encounter" by A. K. Frailey.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

OldEarth Aram Encounter by A. K. Frailey is a book that you'll read and not forget in a hurry. It is the first of a series of five novels. The history is fascinating, the characters are uniquely intriguing, the plot is very rich, and the events are fascinating.

OldEarth Aram Encounter started with the migration of Aram's clan. The land they knew had become dangerous to them; they needed a new and safer place to dwell. As can be expected, everyone had their opinion of the right choice to make, but Aram did his best as a leader. Finally discovering a land to their taste, they settled down. Soon enough, other dangers came calling. They encountered their neighbors from different clans; some were good, and some were bad. They faced many battles — with their emotions, choices, each other, and enemies. All the while, supernatural beings that they were not aware of watched them. But they looked up to a supreme being to help them through life.

I've often wondered how a group of people begin to dwell in a place and call it their own. This book gave me a good picture of the answer. Living in the early ages couldn't have been easy with all the negative factors — wild animals, famine, diseases, bandits, and enemies. In today's modern world, we take a lot for granted. All the necessities of life are easily accessible to us. Here, in this book, are people who had to fight to lay hold of just food and water. Danger could come from anywhere. They were at the mercy of the elements. And it was not surprising that they looked up to a supreme being to help and save them through it all.

I couldn't help but notice the unique way the author presented the chapter titles. Above each heading was the name of the period or location of the events in that chapter. I found it as intriguing as the author's choice of fonts. Readers would never get lost navigating the content of the book.

This book is one of the best books I've read in a long while. The author crafts her words very well as she creates the characters and the events in the book. She does an excellent job of taking us into the mind of the characters. I find no fault with the writing and editing; everything is perfect. Therefore, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

This book has a religious undertone, as it talks about the different gods to whom different characters looked up. Someone who has no tolerance for that may not need to read this book. Besides that, I recommend it to lovers of adventure and science fiction.

OldEarth Aram Encounter
Wow, I would love to read this book. It sounds very interesting. It's all about survival. I like that the story has chapter titles with locations. It makes the story appear more real, like a real record of past events. It's wonderful that it is one of several books. Definitely something I would love to follow up on. Great review!
fire_spice
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fire-spice.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by fire_spice »

That Reviewer wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 11:31 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "OldEarth Aram Encounter" by A. K. Frailey.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

OldEarth Aram Encounter
Wow, I would love to read this book. It sounds very interesting. It's all about survival. I like that the story has chapter titles with locations. It makes the story appear more real, like a real record of past events. It's wonderful that it is one of several books. Definitely something I would love to follow up on. Great review!
Eriikeoluwa Nimi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriikeoluwa-nimi.html
Latest Review: The Three Heavens by Paul Hitchiner

Post by Eriikeoluwa Nimi »

I've always wondered how people settled and came into possession of lands too. Well this book must be a very good one to open my eyes some adventures. The reviewer did a great job, a nice review it is. Congratulations on BOTD!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”