Review of Agents of Karma

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Most Effective Discipleship Seeds (MEDS) by D.S. Foster

Review of Agents of Karma

Post by El_limitless »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Agents of Karma" by Alex Smith.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Agents of Karma, Alex Smith wrote about a young man named Axelecious Drake (Axel). Axel described himself as having an abrasive personality. He believed that he had always been the punching bag of the Universe. He believed that regardless of his good deeds, people always hated him. This sort of treatment made him lonely and quiet.

However, a decision to move from his environment brought him to the Maddison Manor hunted house, where he seemed to have met his untimely death. There, he acquired a ghost friend named Kejoro (Jo). They became friends and enjoyed each other's company. This friendship gave Axel a tour of the land of the spirit. His friendship with Jo helped him cure his recurrent nightmares and discover his heritage and supernatural abilities. Find out more about Axel's life and journey in the land of the spirits by reading this intriguing story.

The book has a lot of positive points. I loved that the author developed the character of Axel very well. I did not just read about his adventures, but I also understood his former predicament and how much the new discovery and self-understanding was important to him. His character was very relatable. I also loved that the author made the adventure into the spirit land more of a fairy tale than a scary episode. I was able to relate to the lives of Jo, Miguel, and a host of other characters. The author also made the supernatural very understandable. Also, I loved that when posed with challenges, Alex and his group helped each other overcome those challenges. In conclusion, the book was concise and easy to read. It was beautifully written.

The book also has a few negative points. The author could have developed some characters more. Axel's uncle, Vince, was one character I could not really understand. I couldn't understand why he chose his business to be related to ghost hunting. Also, a lot of questions could be asked about their real ancestors. Again, I also felt the author could have elaborated more on the story. I would have loved to go on to make more discoveries about the characters. The story ended too abruptly.

The book was exceptionally well edited. I found no spelling and grammatical errors in it. However, I rate this book three out of four stars. I did not give it a higher rating because, as I stated earlier, I felt some characters could have been better developed. Also, I felt the author could have been more elaborate with the story. I did not give the book a lower rating because the author's diction could be easily understood. The book is very relatable, and that makes it all the more interesting to the reader. The author used things we could understand to explain the rare ideas he had.

I recommend this book to readers who love science fiction and fantasy stories. Also, lovers of suspense and adventure stories will love this one.

Agents of Karma
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Niens Now
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Survival of Species
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-niens-now.html
Latest Review: Gardening With Guns by AJ Wootton

Post by Niens Now »

I adore sci-fi and it sounds as though there is an interesting spin on spirituality in the book. Thanks for a lovely review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Amanda I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-i.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by Amanda I »

I appreciate the character development and the themes in the book. Excellent review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”