Review of Thunder Moon Tussle

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nathaniel Owolabi
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-owolabi.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Review of Thunder Moon Tussle

Post by Nathaniel Owolabi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Thunder Moon Tussle" by Torn MacAlester.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Thunder Moon Tussle is a very lovely book with a plot that was set on both the Moon and Earth. It has an apocalyptic aura about it also.

Nils Carmike and his friend Milton Johnson are former astronauts who left their jobs due to an unanticipated incident that had to do with a mission they went on with their teams. Although there were no casualties, Nils was assigned to a space station with little possibility of ever returning to the Moon. However, Nils would have none of this, so, he decided to resign. Milton, his friend, decided to resign too after considering his future in the space agency. Due to Nils' adamant determination to return to the Moon, the two friends partnered and decided to start a business and run it on the Moon. They decided to build a supply cache where people can live temporarily on the Moon.

A couple of incidents conspired to make their effort towards building a successful business futile. However, Nils got his wish and was able to remain on the Moon, as a smuggler this time, despite the failure. He now has to deal with Miller, a law and order enforcer on Conrad Lunar Station, whom he is attracted to. However, matters got even more complicated when Miller asked him for a favor. At the same time, his friend Milton employed him to pick up a datapad he left in Hab 18, a location close to the Moon's north pole.

Even though this book has a touch of apocalypse to it, I really loved the fact that the focus was not on the apocalyptic parts of it. It is very impressive how the author, Torn MacAlester, was able to create a story different from the more obvious story in an apocalyptic book. This story features two timelines. Torn created a lot of suspense by narrating the past and the present simultaneously. This style of writing is so impressive and suspenseful; so much so that it can easily keep you riveted to your seats for the entire period it will take to finish reading the book. Torn's characters are also very unique, well thought out, and fully formed. It makes it really easy to understand the characters and why they act in the manner they do. Torn is a gifted writer and a professional one too.

The only issue I found with this book was the fact that it was initially a bit confusing due to the multiple timelines it featured. This might make some readers quit reading it after reading a couple of chapters.

This book is astounding. It is not every day you get to read a book whose plot was set on the Moon. This book is one of a kind and I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

Although this book does not dwell too much on the apocalyptic aspect, I still recommend it to anyone who loves reading apocalyptic books. I also recommend it to lovers of suspense and science fiction.

Thunder Moon Tussle
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Paluk Pathania
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France by Michael C. Higgins, PhD

Post by Paluk Pathania »

The book's title brought me here and I must say that I'm already convinced, how good this book might be! The plot simply blasts away the curiousity in me, thanks for an amazing review!
Nazzy_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nazzy.html
Latest Review: The Art of Marketing Jesus by Robert Wachter

Post by Nazzy_ »

This book is exceptional, the setting of the book was good. Great review!
Baby Boo 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Baby Boo 1 »

This book seems to be a very interesting moon story. People who love the moon would be very happy to read it but sadly the reviewer is confused due to the multiple timelines it featured.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Currently Reading: Ninefox Gambit
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Blood Vengeance by Charles Alexander

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm happy this novel doesn't focus on its apocalyptic element, as I wouldn't feel like reading it even if it seems like a terrific story. As it is, I'm adding it to my stack of books I want to read!
Ciao :)
Massimo
AfraBrb
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afrabrb.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by AfraBrb »

this is the first time ive seen a book with this kind of story line, interesting book, great review

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”