Review of Rise of the Savior

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Review of Rise of the Savior

Post by Astral Magi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Rise of the Savior" by Antoine Bonner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Amanda is a typical teen, unsure of what the future holds and not quite ready to make permanent choices regarding further studies. Her parents want her to further her studies locally while she dreams of traveling and studying elsewhere. Saira is Amanda's 6-year-old sister, but far from average. She behaves robotic, showing no emotional responses. No one in the family realizes that Saira's imaginary friend is a real deity.

Amanda and her dad are driving home after her karate tournament when a terrible car accident changes the course of their lives forever. Suddenly, deities get involved and Amanda's true destiny as the savior of mankind is revealed. Difficult choices are presented to her that test her skills and also her core values. What follows is death, destruction, and an epic battle. Life hangs in the balance as Amanda is forced to come to terms with her true nature and must make a decision that will determine whether good or evil prevails. She realizes that not only her loved ones, but all lives are in danger.

Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner is a book that engages the reader from the very first page. I like how the author has blended in many belief systems without turning the story into a religious one. Deities, acolytes, and kundalinis are commonplace. There are also underlying lessons woven in concerning choices, perseverance, and teamwork which make the book distinctly special.

I couldn't find anything that I didn't like about this book. It was slightly difficult to ascertain which deity and kundalini went with which person. However, reading further reveals all the complexities and thus just adds to the overall enjoyment of the read. The story is fast-paced with plenty of action and suspense. Amanda and Saira are characters that live in your memory even after the book is closed and put back on the shelf.

I found only minor errors and because it doesn't affect the overall enjoyment of the book, I give it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. In my opinion, the book was well edited. Lovers of action and fantasy will find this book to be a treasure and I also highly recommend it to those that enjoy tales with a lesson. If you enjoy action, magic, and a storyline that demands attention, then this book is for you and you will find it hard to part ways with the characters at the end.

Rise of the Savior
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Victor ODEYEMI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-odeyemi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Victor ODEYEMI »

This is a book that is appealing to it's readers. Amanda has to see herself as the saviour of mankind. What a great destiny she has! Parents will learn a lot of lessons as are embedded in the book.
Astral Magi

Post by Astral Magi »

Victor ODEYEMI wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 10:32 This is a book that is appealing to it's readers. Amanda has to see herself as the saviour of mankind. What a great destiny she has! Parents will learn a lot of lessons as are embedded in the book.
Thanks for commenting.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Damis Seres Rodriguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis-seres-rodriguez.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Damis Seres Rodriguez »

Now that sounds like an interesting plot. Thanks for the review!
Astral Magi

Post by Astral Magi »

damis wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 15:34 Now that sounds like an interesting plot. Thanks for the review!
It was most enjoyable.
Thanks for commenting.👌
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

I like Amanda's character, but this Saira girl is scary. I mean, communicating with a live deity at the age of 6? This is sure to scare someone out of their bed! And on top of that her robotic nature is revolting to me. I think I will pass this one. Thanks for the great review!
Neshboy Aburi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neshboy-aburi.html
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks

Post by Neshboy Aburi »

I read this book too and I have to note that we arrived at some mutual conclusions eg is also had a hard time matching the numerous characters and their equally numerous deities. Great review.
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks
Astral Magi

Post by Astral Magi »

Medhansh Bhardwaj wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 05:49 I like Amanda's character, but this Saira girl is scary. I mean, communicating with a live deity at the age of 6? This is sure to scare someone out of their bed! And on top of that her robotic nature is revolting to me. I think I will pass this one. Thanks for the great review!
It's actually a great book😆 Thanks for commenting.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Astral Magi

Post by Astral Magi »

Clifford Munene wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 06:10 I read this book too and I have to note that we arrived at some mutual conclusions eg is also had a hard time matching the numerous characters and their equally numerous deities. Great review.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Thanks for commenting.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Niens Now wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 01:51 Amanda and Saira are characters that live in your memory even after the book is closed and put back on the shelf.
That is the true mark of a connection with a story. I have a few characters from past books living in my memory as well. Thank you for your engaging review! :balloon:
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Astral Magi

Post by Astral Magi »

MsH2k wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 23:07
Niens Now wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 01:51 Amanda and Saira are characters that live in your memory even after the book is closed and put back on the shelf.
That is the true mark of a connection with a story. I have a few characters from past books living in my memory as well. Thank you for your engaging review! :balloon:
Thank you for commenting.👌
🕉Be Here Now⌛

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”