Review of Wyatt Hughes: The Clash Changes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Review of Wyatt Hughes: The Clash Changes

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wyatt Hughes: The Clash Changes" by Paul Kasprzak.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When Mrs. Livedson summons an army of the dead to steal valuables at a beach, Grandpa Hughes organizes a plan to stop it. He was with his two grandchildren and their four friends. The success of the minor operation depends on teamwork, intelligence, and timing. The attack is part of a nefarious plan that affects the whole of humankind. A three-decade secret is about to be made known. The revelation will change the nature of an ongoing dispute between two groups. Billy Livedson and his cronies have incessantly bullied Wyett, his friends, and everyone else at school. What caused this enmity? What is the overall goal?

Wyett Hughes: The Clash Changes is a fiction book authored by Paul Kasprzak and published in 2021. It transports the reader to ages past, through the American Revolutionary War, and back to the present. While the conflict does not make sense at first or appears insignificant, the author takes time to clarify the mystery. Consequently, it is straightforward following the story. The fight entails both teamwork and belief in each individual’s contribution. Even when a move does not make sense, all the gang can do is have faith in each other’s capabilities.

Wyett Hughes is both sad and exciting. It involves magic, betrayal, loss, friendship, demons, and angels. One cannot imagine how six teenagers will face an opponent who has been scheming for years. The fate of humankind rests on their shoulders, and the burden seems overwhelming. However, nothing is as it appears superficially. The author discloses secrets and past events sparingly. Consequently, it transformed an uncomplicated storyline into a gripping tale, and the reader has no choice but to read on to know more.

I liked following Wyett and his friends. They were indivisible and worked well as a team by relying on their individual abilities. The plainness of the characters made them relatable but made it hard to find anything that would make each one stand out. One can easily recognize that Billy is zealous and wants to prove himself. Wyett and his friends, on the other hand, appear to be on the defensive primarily. Their main mission, to a considerable degree, changes the situation. Eventually, this plainness creates elementary but unique characters, making the book fascinating.

I rate the book three out of four stars owing to the errors I encountered while reading. Whereas the story itself is uncomplicated, the skillful weaving of likable characters and other events onto it creates a memorable tale. The book is suitable for teens and young adults who enjoy fiction books with a touch of magic and divinity. Although the title on the bookshelf is Wyatt Hughes, it is actually Wyett Hughes, as written on the cover page. Other details in the book confirm it. I cannot wait to read its sequel.

Wyatt Hughes: The Clash Changes
View: on Bookshelves
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

This book is amazing, I love the capture of the past the author featured in this book. What a great review!
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I love fictions with a little touch of magic, I think am going to read this book, beautiful review.
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

Teamwork and intelligence are essential for missions. The book is an amazing one. Thanks for the review.
Waragu Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waragu-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Waragu Samuel »

I like it. More so when you say that the characters are relatable and likeable.
“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.”~Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904-1991)
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This novel seems engaging, well-constructed, and full of interesting elements. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”