Review of Chasing The Red Queen

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Imane Moumen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imane-moumen.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Review of Chasing The Red Queen

Post by Imane Moumen »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Chasing The Red Queen" by Karen Glista.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Adolescence is the period where the majority of us may feel powerless deciding the way their life is going on and that’s what Donja Bellanger is feeling as nothing is going well in her life as her normal teenager routine got into a spin while she is suffering from the death of her father meanwhile her mom takes a new husband forcing her to move to a new city and to live in a spooky old house while sharing her room and her adventures with her glamorous new step-sister Makayla Hampton and that we're following at Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

But in this 275-page addictive young adult fantasy novel, things don't go the way we expect as Donja get along and even become very close to her step-sister that introduces her to her fancy dark world made of fancies exclusive clubs that are not only reserved for wealthy elites but also for Immortal Descendants. There she meets the mysterious Torin who has concealed his identity as a powerful ancient spirit for eight hundred years who learn a lot of things that Donja may ignore about herself as he finds himself captivated by something in her of more especially something in her blood, together they deal with secrets and people that might not wish them the best. At the same time, a series of murders start making some of our characters more anxious than ever

I've enjoyed the plot of this book, the fantasy world is very interesting and well-developed. I've also loved the complex Romance that I found amazing. The protagonists are well-developed, Donja is a complex character that we can relate to as she’s in the search of her identity, she's confused, and we understand her. Torin is the perfect masculine romance interest, he's dark, deep, and lovely
The writing of the author was fluid and the story addictive, this book was a real page-turner.

I don’t have anything to blame this novel about, as a fan of young adults books I perfectly enjoyed this story and I think you will too if you like this type of novels

I give this superb story four stars out of four . I enjoyed reading it so much on account of this I just can't give it less than that, and I highly recommend it to you if you are a fan of young adults fantasy worlds mixed with some complex romance

Chasing The Red Queen
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”