Review of The Mexican Wolf

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of The Mexican Wolf

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Mexican Wolf" by Milan Fedurco.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you think a day would come when humans and "lagomorphs" (as well as other animals) would be able to connect their brains by telepathy and communicate? Milan Fedurco seeks to answer the question: "Is there a way humans and animals could communicate?"

The Mexican Wolf by Milan Fedurco is a fiction book that tells the story of an artist and his art. The novel starts with the creation of Oneida and her adventures to find her "Mexican Wolf." Oneida's adventure begins just as she steps out of Laguna Madre. She travels the world seeking her "Mexican Wolf" alongside her companions, Pavel and Bunny. These tours led her to good places, bad and places that left unforgettable memories in her. In this adventure, she would learn new things. But the question was whether they found the "Mexican Wolf," or was it just an imagination already preconceived?

I found reading the book thrilling, from the first page to the last, as the author did well by including lessons. These lessons revolve around history, science, and food-related topics. The author also gave real-life instances to back up what he says in his book. An example was the story of survival and the sailor from Salvador. Moreso, the lesson about impossibility was what I wanted to see at the time when I saw it. It was a big motivation, and it boosted me for the day's work. Just like Mark Twain said on page 32, “They did not know it was impossible, so they did it.” These are the parts I liked most in the book.

Furthermore, the character of Oneida was one to which I could relate. I liked that the author taught great lessons through her character to young people, especially young women. When she recognized the power she possessed, she also recognized that she was beautiful and didn't need anyone to tell her. This taught me that we are what we say we are, and the only validation we need is from ourselves. Her character was also thrilling, as she kept Pavel on his toes with questions that, in turn, caused him to brainstorm.

However, each chapter should have started from a different page. It would make for better reading and comprehension. The font size should be worked on, as I had to stress my eyes to read the texts. Lastly, an entire paragraph was copied and pasted directly under each other on page 86. I thought these factors were the negative aspects of the book.

Consequently, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I also recommend this book to lovers of history, science, art, and adventure. I'm glad that this book was professionally edited.

The Mexican Wolf
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a fascinating book mixing different genres to talk about the possibilities of communications between humans and animals. I hope the author does another round of editing to make it excellent. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Am a lover of history and arts, I think this book would be a good idea, beautiful review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”