Review of Apocalypse Reckoning 2.0

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 976
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Review of Apocalypse Reckoning 2.0

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Apocalypse Reckoning 2.0" by William Acie Singleton.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The last few years have been fraught with challenges for mankind. There have been drastic climatic changes, wars, and onsets of deadly diseases. The dependency on technology and addictive substances like drugs and alcohol has increased. It seems that the world is on the verge of an apocalypse.

In Apocalypse Reckoning 2.0, W.A. Singleton portrays a terrifyingly realistic glimpse into the future. The book opens with a scene set in the future. A burned man is fleeing from blood wolves with his dog, Blue. The world around him is in shambles. It seems that civilization, as we know it today, no longer exists. Back in the present, Marcus Gavriil is living a cushy life with his lovely FBI agent wife, Mia. Marcus values his job as an addiction counselor. One day, things take a drastic turn. Marcus, Mia, and their grandchildren come across a weird mutant species of spiders in their home. That same day, Marcus is viciously attacked by one of his geriatric patients named Greta Garbo. While Marcus is in the hospital, the area of his clinic becomes the target of a strange terrorist attack.

Why do all the strange things seem to revolve around Marcus? How is Marcus connected to the burned man from the future? Will Marcus and his cohorts be able to save the world before disaster strikes?

W.A. Singleton is a master storyteller. He weaves pictures with his vivid words. We are able to imagine the unimaginable with the help of his words. The beautiful illustrations included in the book aids us in jogging our imaginative power as well.

The book seamlessly shifts between the present and the future. The change in the timelines never confuses the reader. We are easily able to follow the story. Moreover, the author does not leave any scope of confusion between the characters from the present and the future. This is my favorite aspect of the book.

Every event in the story has a logical explanation. The author flawlessly mingles science with religion without making the book tedious. The mutant animals and the monsters that appear in the book all seem realistic because of this. The author does not go into detailed discussions about the reasoning behind the appearance or creation of the mythical and mutant creatures that appear in the book. Everything is explained naturally in the course of the story. This ensures that the reader does not suffer from monotony. I truly like this about the writing style.

Singleton makes us realize the follies of addiction. At the same time, he depicts the harsh judgment that we often cast on recovering addicts as well. Even when they try to start life anew, we seldom give them a chance.

The only shortcoming of the book is the number of errors. Once the errors are fixed, this would be a perfect read.

In Apocalypse Reckoning 2.0, W.A. Singleton takes the readers on a roller coaster ride. There is never a dull moment in the book. I am pretty confident that everyone would be shocked at the revelation at the end. Because of the cliffhanger on which the book ends, I cannot wait to get my hands on the sequel. I recommend this book to fans of action-packed science fiction novels and apocalyptic books. People who are not much into graphic action scenes should give this book a skip.

Keeping in mind the pros and cons, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.

Apocalypse Reckoning 2.0
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

The world is truly on the verge of apocalypse. The signs are all over.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

The world is truly on the verge of apocalypse. The signs are all over.
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

I am very fond of stories where present and future intertwine and I appreciate that the author doesn't leave elements unexplained. Thank you for the great review!
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

I find logical books interesting,I hope Marcus defeats all the challenges at the end,nice review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an intriguing novel with a good mix of well-developed elements, and it's great that mysteries get explained. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Am not a fan of science fiction, I don't think this book is for me, but I love the comprehensive review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”