Review of Spark

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Review of Spark

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Spark" by Pat Daily.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Spark, the thirty-nine-chapter science fiction novel by Pat Daily, is based on Will Kwan, a half Korean, and his experience at the virtual reality park named SPARK.

This book is about a sixteen-year-old, Will Kwan, who lost his parents at a very young age. His father lost his life while fighting for the country, and part of his mother's last words was, "Find me, save me." Trying to decode the meaning of the words, he turned to SPARK, a virtual reality gaming park, only to find out that a terrorist group was about to destroy the park. How can Will save his already dead mother? Can he and his newfound friends save the park that has become their home? Read this book to find out how.

This book depicts vivid details of a game park filled with intriguing characters and quests to complete. These quests are so vividly written that the readers would feel as if they are part of the characters. I admire how the author wrote the book, such that the gaming activities and quests added more to the reader's understanding of Will's journey.

Will ran away from his foster home, so obviously, his journey won't be smooth. The author made us understand his plight and feelings at every step. I find myself rooting for Will while reading this book. I also love that the author put some insightful quotes at the beginning of each chapter to enable the readers to think deeply.

Although I don't know anything about the gaming world, this book was easy to understand. I was able to understand how virtual reality gaming works. The book was also inspiring because of Will's strength and determination. He always tried to find the best in any difficult situation.

This book is also action-packed, and it depicts the activities of terrorist organizations. This book is a must-read for every gamer. My favorite part of the book was when Will and another runaway decided to change the way a game was written. That part shows confidence and smartness in these characters. That scene was fun to read.

What I love most about Spark is the thinking out of the box trait present in Will Kwan and other characters in the book. I find nothing to dislike in the book. Also, the book was well edited, as I observed a few errors in it.

Therefore, I rate Spark four out of four stars because it is enlightening, engaging, thrilling, and educative. I recommend this book to lovers of virtual reality gaming and science fiction books.

Spark
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Recee Ann
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-recee-ann.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Recee Ann »

Why am I so hooked to sad stories?? Wow.. losing your parents sure must be hard but I'm a bit confused about Will's mom. The review was nice anyways!
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

I don’t love reading sad stories,but I think this would be a good one,beautiful review
Elisa Joy Ocasla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elisa-joy-ocasla.html
Latest Review: Speech! by Simon Prentis

Post by Elisa Joy Ocasla »

A book is indeed enthralling to read; although Will Klan’s anecdote has been a heartbreaking endeavor, his strength of character has always been seen in the plot.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an intriguing novel that mixes various themes that go from the use of virtual reality to terrorism. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

I get a strong Sword Art Online vibe from this book ;) I will probably like it. Thank you for the review!
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Sounds like a good book. A well comprehensive review.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Am not a fan of sad stories, but this sounds intriguing, thanks for the honest review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”