Review of Homo Technica

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Njokime
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njokime.html
Latest Review: Homo Technica by Stephan Collina

Review of Homo Technica

Post by Njokime »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Homo Technica" by Stephan Collina.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Humans are the most intelligent species to live. Most people want to gain a higher understanding of everything. That is why we have so many inventions. Homo Technica is about technology and meditation and how powerful the human mind is. Peter Walker, the main character, is described as a simple individual at the beginning. He is lost, and he does not know what to do with his life. Peter is also bankrupt and has a wife who despises him and belittles him. His daughter Lilian seems lost to him, and he feels as if he could have done more for her. In addition to all this, Peter’s father is on his deathbed, but before he passes away, he lives something special for Peter that changes his life forever.

Homo Technica is an intense story that will open your eyes to how far technology has advanced. Apart from technology, you will also understand how meditation can influence your life positively. The author has done a great job with the characters in this book. My favorite character was Peter Walker because I can relate to him. Most people feel like him, lost and trying to find their purpose in life. He was leading an unhealthy life, just chasing after money and not taking a moment to take care of himself. Homo Technica will remind you of how powerful you can be, only if you take the time to discover your true self. Stephan Collina has a way with words. I found this book engrossing. I also became interested in meditation, especially if it can give me some peace and happiness. We should surround ourselves with people who play a part in making sure that we progress positively. Positive energy can help us conquer so many things and help us get rid of our fears.

There is nothing I disliked about this book. I found the story mind-boggling and I will reread it.

This book also has some good action. I also enjoyed the thriller part of it, where people could read each other's thoughts and manipulate them to do what they wanted. I only found two errors in this book that did not affect my enjoyment of the book. Apart from these two errors, the rest of the book is well edited. I highly recommend this book to young adults and adults because they will fully appreciate its intensity.

I award Homo Technica a rating of 4 out of 4 stars because it is easy to comprehend, and the storyline is unique and intense.

Homo Technica
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

This sounds like a well-executed story. I’d be very interested to read more, especially about the thought-reading sections. Thanks for the great review
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

I love meditation and technology and if the characters in the story are well developed, then I am going to read this one. Thank you for a wonderful review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

The book indeed delves into the concept of modernization and how powerful neuroticism can be. The character developmet was evident and I definitely love the plotline. Thanks for this great review!
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

I love to read about technology,i think I find this book interesting,nice review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an interesting novel about a future that's coming soon in which there might be technological development that will be difficult to grasp for most humans. It's a projections to the current situation, in which too often, people get manipulated through tecnologies they don't really understand. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

I already like the main character! Thank you for the review!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”