Review of Fish Wielder

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Yulia Dewi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulia-dewi.html
Latest Review: Leaving Dahomey by Jude Shaw

Review of Fish Wielder

Post by Yulia Dewi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fish Wielder" by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R (Jim) Hardison is a book that would crack you down with laughter right from the moment you start to read. This is a book full of fantasy, magic, and comedy, it would make it hard to put down.

The story begins with the adventure of our main characters Thoral the Mighty Fist, accompanied by his talking koi fish Bradfast and super psychic talking horse Warlordhorse the last mighty Brendylschmylyn, set off to uncover the hideout of The Bad Religion organization. This quest is to wipe out the organization and prevent them to find the chocolate pudding of Mauron that could activate the Magic Bracelet of Evil. That task runs easily as Thoral has his magic sword Blumflard and his bow Fwung (actually it's not Thoral’s, his master Yiz lends it to him when he starts his first journey of finding The Walking-Door Tree, as Thoral never forget to explain it to everyone). The author never lets us overlook that this is a typical hero story with so many coincidences and miraculous ways to prevent the perish of Thoral the Mighty Fist.

The development of the characters is so good. Even if we recognize how absurd the story and turned up of the event was, we become so fond of them and make it comes off real at the end. From the silly, melancholic heroes Thoral, who always forgetting important words. The super witty, brainy Bradfast the koi fish, was first saved by Thoral from drowning. To the mere gatekeeper Trenton who is honest and seems stupid.

I rate this book 4 out of 4. There was nothing I don't like about this book except for too many dramatic halt when Thoral is about to tell Brad the secret story of his life, and it sure sends me to even louder laughter. I don't find any errors or misspellings, indicating this book is well edited and proofread.

I’ll gladly recommend this book to a reader with adventure and fantasy bones. Those who loved heroes and comic books are also welcome to try. Although I wouldn't recommend it to those with a weak stomach because this book is full of absurd way of death and could send you a stomach ache laughter.

Fish Wielder
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”