Review of Argos Incident

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Review of Argos Incident

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Argos Incident" by David Kuntz.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

After concealing their identity and receiving the green light to land, a team of terrorists destroys a power station on Argos. However, Al Jorden, their boss, decides to eliminate all of them, as they were expendable. Unfortunately for Jorden, his accomplice Sara Martin and one of the guards at the station, Bergonsong, survive. Currently, one thought occupies Sara's mind, driving her everywhere she goes. The mission is to find Al Jorden and avenge her associates’ deaths. It is the irony of a planetary traitor chasing after her betrayer. Neither Sara nor Bergonsong is safe, though. Both Jorden and Sara are pawns, and the mastermind behind the conspiracy will stop at nothing until the mission is achieved.

Will Sara kill Jorden? What is the aim of these treacherous acts? How were the pawns picked? Is anyplace safe? To get answers to these and more questions, you have to read Argos Incident by David Kuntz.

Like a brilliant storyteller, David Kuntz demonstrates a captivating story is not just about the storyline itself, as terrorism is a popular theme currently. Consequently, the uniqueness of Argos Incident arises from a complex and well-developed set of characters and suspenseful narration. One finds it hard to foretell whether motives are pure or not. The abundance of secret transmitters and usage of encrypted messaging services made guessing more difficult. The good thing is, this is what makes one turn from one page to another with ardent zeal. As a result, I found myself reading the book to learn and enjoy, not merely to reach the concluding page.

In my local community, there is a common saying that only mountains do not meet. One of the prevailing themes in the book was betrayal. What spiced things a bit was how most characters were unknowingly connected. For some, it was by past events, while others were related by blood. I am delighted the author knew exactly when and how to reveal such connections in a way that kept the story enthralling. In the end, we have a compelling, action-packed story filled with engrossing, at times weird, characters. I disliked nothing about it. Readers will be thrilled right from the start.

I rate the book three out of four stars. It is a rare science fiction that perfectly balances between advanced technologies and realistic characters. The unique but often neglected equipoise of technology and human-centeredness reminds us of the centrality of human beings in driving futuristic societies. I discovered some grammatical errors and spelling inconsistencies. Hence, I did not give it a four-star rating. I am sure another round of editing will guarantee the perfect rating.

For ardent readers of science fiction, this is a book they will enjoy poring over. It is most suitable for those who like stories on crime. I discovered a few instances of cuss words that did not detract from the enjoyment of the book. Equally, there are no explicit sexual scenes. I look forward to reading the other installments in the New Horizon series.

Argos Incident
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

Yes, only mountains don't meet! The plot seems to come together interestingly. Thank you for the well-done review.
Chiwelite O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-o.html
Latest Review: The Water Bear by Groucho Jones

Post by Chiwelite O »

I would like to know what happened between Sara and Jorden. Great review. Beautifully written too!
Peace Chux
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-chux.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Peace Chux »

Seems like a sci-fi I would enjoy. Thanks for the review!
Precious DA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-da.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Precious DA »

Seems like a book I would enjoy. It would be quite a pleasure unravelling the mysteries behind these events.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

This sounds enthralling! An interstellar crime novel is just what I have been looking for. It also sounds like the character development was done superbly, so I look forward to reading this book. Thank you for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Keletso lehana
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Keletso lehana »

So far I’m enjoying in and I would really like to see this in a movie 🎥
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an intriguing science fiction thriller with well-developed plot and characters, full of surprises in the plot's ramifications. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Morgan- 88
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Morgan- 88 »

This is one of those sci-fi stories that I would like follow, i really got intrested in the story thanks for the review👍

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”