Review of Chromatophobia

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JodieLKM
Favorite Book: The Biblical Clock
Currently Reading: Solaris seethes
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodielkm.html
Latest Review: Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Review of Chromatophobia

Post by JodieLKM »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Chromatophobia" by W. D. County.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Chromatophobia by W. D. County is all about color and the fear that may come from the lack of seeing it. Set in a modern military facility, men and women around the country have been gathered. They are all there seeking answers to one of the greatest mysteries of all time. Guarded by a Marine that has what he thinks to be a deficiency, color-blindness. The team is made up of civilians, something Sgt. Miles Reardon is used to shooting, not guarding.

The story takes place in Antarctica, at a high-security facility, deep underground. Miles must protect the civilians that have been gathered to study an anomaly of the rarest kind. A virtual enigma wrapped in scientific discovery. The anomaly has the power to give what a person desires. The desire may lead to consequences none of them understand.

Zita Ferrari is a puzzle solver. One of the best. Dr. Laura Dubov is a psychiatrist. Barry Fletcher, the anomaly, or the wearer of it. Dr. Thomas Harrison, leading physician. Gordon Maxwell, NSA, and the boss. Dr. Sonja Kapoor, physicist. Nathan Lee, a magician. An eclectic mix of civilians with only one man to protect them all. Can Miles protect them against what he cannot see?

Color-blind, Miles cannot fathom the allure of the anomaly, even though it seems to be one of the greatest discoveries yet to be made. Since he cannot see the color of Barry’s skin which causes the anomaly, he questions his decisions where Barry is involved. Can he help those that can see the colors before it is too late? Or will the anomaly be the answer to the greatest tragedies of our times?

This book had me upset with certain plot twists, but is that not what books should do? Chromatophobia by W. D. County is different than my usual reads, but I didn’t stand a chance after the first couple of pages.

I rate it 3 out of 4 stars. I took off a star because the editing was not professionally done. Some placement areas did not match up to the previous paragraph. I am glad I was able to review this book. It broadened my reading horizons.

I enjoyed Chromatophobia more than I thought I would. I would recommend this book to anyone thinking about reading it. A great action book with plenty of thrills and deception. Fans of sci-fi will like this book. It holds your attention and delivers a great bang for your buck. Not out of this world science fiction, but a more of the mind-scrambling kind.

If you like action books, with a small amount of romance, then I recommend this book to you.

It does contain some vulgar language. The sex scene is crude but limited to one part only. If vulgar language is offensive to you, then be forewarned, but most of this language is towards the end. It also contains religious aspects throughout the book. If you do not like religious ideologies, then I recommend you not read this book.

Chromatophobia
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
MsH2k
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading: Leaving Large
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Simple Pleasures by Shirley L. Porter

Post by MsH2k »

I don't read a lot of science fiction, but your mind-scrambling description makes me inclined to reconsider this book. Thank you for your review! :balloon:
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”