Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy #1) by Richelle Mead

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DeafVampire
Bookshelf Size: 0

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy #1) by Richelle Mead

Post by DeafVampire »

My best friend from college suggest I should read this book. She know how much I love vampire. At first, I thought this book was boring. But when I keep on start reading it for 2 days. That when I knew this was going to happen, I blame it on my best friend. She make me want to get the another series of the book. This book is really amazing and kick azz. I really like Rose and her character, she bad azz. I knew this guy Dimitri would have feeling for her, when I text message my best friend. She wouldn't even freaking tell me, she told me I have to find out myself. It is official, I was freaking correct. And I read a part when Rose was trying to think it through, like who put all these dead animals to scare off her best friend. I ask myself maybe is that no good cousin of her, Natalie. I knew there wasn't right about her, but I never her father would be part of this. That part shocked me, but I kind of knew from the beginning that the uncle have a disease and need a cure. That when it hit me that Lissi have healing power, but I didn't knew he would go that far. I like this Christina guy, whatever if I didn't spell any of the characters name right, he sound too good to be true. I would keep him to myself and never let him go. I really enjoy this book and can't wait to read the next one.
Dark Angel74
Favorite Author: Amy Miles
Favorite Book: Defiance rising
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dark-angel74.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo
fav_author_id: 15076

Post by Dark Angel74 »

Is about two girls that lived at the academy and then left due to some threats rose is the one who want to guard liss and liss is a vampire princess both have known each other since little girls while growing up liss's family's life is cut short with a very bad auto accident that causes liss's parents and brother to be killed liss survives and unknowingly brings back rose from the dead. Which now gives them a one way link to each other and let's rose know when liss is in trouble as they are brought back to school rose is taught personally by dimitri how to fight and starts to fall in love with her teacher then all heck breaks lose and the school becomes under attack will everyone survive find out I give this series 4 stars all the way threw its a must read for every vampire book lover
Tianarenee3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tianarenee3.html

Post by Tianarenee3 »

i agree, this series was definitely captivating and i loved the story line and all the characters. however when it ended, i didnt feel that drastic sadness that i usually have with characters i follow through a long series of books. when it finished, i was actually quite content and happy with the way things turned out, and believed that it was a righteous end, which is why i refuse to read the spinoff series because to me it had no relevancy nor does it have any reason. (sorry a little off topic) but i definitely agree with how great this book/series was! at the same time thoiugh, im not sure how i feel about the movie that they made regarding the books. the actors and actresses look like they are thirteen years old, and the sexy grandeur that i envisioned when i read the book was, undoubtedly, shattered. i was pretty upset for them ruining my image of the book, (but hey what book-turned-movie factor hasnt done that yet?) and so i wont be seeing that movie anytime soon. however, i still praise the author and the story very well despite the unneccessities.
kio
Favorite Author: Janet Evanovich
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... vermore</a>
Bookshelf Size: 532
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kio.html
Latest Review: "A Twist of Fate" by Mark W. Johnson
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 2658

Post by kio »

Anyone seen the movie yet? How do the two compare? Which did you like better: the book or the movie? Would you recommend the movie? I read the book and liked it enough to watch the movie, but I'm trying to decide if I want to buy it or rent it.
"Books are unique portable magic."-Stephen King
Latest Review: "A Twist of Fate" by Mark W. Johnson
GeonnaMarie
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geonnamarie.html
Latest Review: "Breathing Life Into a Faded Heart" by A. Reece

Post by GeonnaMarie »

I absolutely love this series. Rose is the type of female protagonist that I like. She's confident, likable, selfless and completely heroic. She's amazing. I read all of these books and, like Tiana said, when the book ended I didn't feel sad either. It was the kind of feeling you want after bonding with a series like that. I actually have been reading the spin-off, mostly because I enjoy Mead's writing style. It's not the same (obviously) but I don't mind holding on to a little bit of the same world. I dread the movie. It looks too teen-y bop and silly. The book has some definite dark moments and serious characters, so it was disappointing to see them turn it into another "one of those" movies. I refuse to see it.
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost.
Latest Review: "Breathing Life Into a Faded Heart" by A. Reece
Twilightchic93

Post by Twilightchic93 »

I agree with the above comment, I love this series. I have read all the books and even watched the first movie and I have to say the books are definitely better than the movie. The movie is good but they are trying to jam the book that took me 2 days to read into 104 minutes.
leila23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leila23.html

Post by leila23 »

I loved Vampire Academy. It's not just another "Twilight" or vampire book. I loved the characters in this book and in the whole series. I loved how Rose and Lissa's relationship stays strong throughout the book. I really think Rose would do anything for Lissa and vice versa. Their strong bond is what makes this series so good and the love stories and vampires only add to it. I thought the movie did not do the book justice, because they made it too much like a comedy and the bond between Rose and Lissa was not taken seriously.
Anyone who hasn't read the spin-off series to Vampire Academy, Bloodline series, should at least give it a try. Especially if you liked Adrian, since he's in it.
booksboomer

Post by booksboomer »

Vampire Acadomy is like Twilight (If twilight had a creative plot). The author seamed to try to write a vampire book but then let her mind run wild, bringing a new meaning to paranormal. Its no longer Good and Evil but a mixture. The hero of the sotry must resist a deep attraction for the one person she could never be with, and when she finally can he is once again ripped from her grasp.
Ashley1305
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley1305.html

Post by Ashley1305 »

Whilst I enjoyed the series, I felt the stories were nothing new, they were pretty much light holiday reading.
KBlovesbooks
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kblovesbooks.html

Post by KBlovesbooks »

I did not really like the Vampire Academy series. I am sorry but Rose is too young to be having a relationship with her teacher. I think as a mother the teacher/student relationship really set the stage for me to dislike this series. I do like the Bloodlines series much better.
lolripops
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolripops.html

Post by lolripops »

Vampire Academy, book one of the vampire academy series, by Richelle Mead.

I actually saw the movie before I read the book. To me I thought the movie was pretty good, so I did what a movie fan does, I read the book.

As a first book, it had a lot of world building to do and I understand that with world building books the first usually doesn't have much of an interesting plot. After reading the first few chapters we learnt that there were three types of vampires: Moroi, Strigoi and Dhampirs. The author didn't tell us much about the Strigoi but just enough for us to understand the basics. The writing style is from the perspective of Rose Hathaway, a Dhampir. The writing style to me is pretty rare as I don't really see it often but I'm not that concerned about it.

This is one of those books with a huge deal of character development in it. I found that both Rose and Lissa changed a lot throughout the time span of the first book. Their roles kind of changed and became the opposite of what they were from the start of book. Towards the end I felt that I appreciated the characters a lot more and didn't dislike some of them as much as I did when I first started.
SpencersMum
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencersmum.html

Post by SpencersMum »

I loved this book. I haven't seen the movie and probably wont. I find that sometimes watching a movie after you read a book kind of ruins it.
shar_mane
Currently Reading: Isolation
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shar-mane.html

Post by shar_mane »

Vampire Academy is my very favorite. It is based on two different story. The first one is about vampires that is strigoi and moroi and their lifestyle which also includes magic. The other is about vampire and an alchemist who falls in love with each other and their fight. The series also includes the description of dhampires who are half human and half vampire.
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Forgiven
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

I love a story about vampires, so Vampire Academy #1 is a great way to spend a whole Sunday. I love the characterization of the dhampires, and it has an interest bending technique to it. I give this great book a thumbs up on personalized realm. It gives a twist that a dhampire could be somewhat human, which is above and beyond anything I have seen since Dark Shadows.
AG746
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ag746.html

Post by AG746 »

The Vampire Academy series has a fantastic storyline that will keep you hooked until the end. The characters develop and grow as they overcome obstacles. The conflict between the moroi, strigoi and damphires is especially captivating. Plot twists and action as well as good writing make Vampire Academy a must read for young adults and anyone who enjoys a smartly written fantasy series.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”