Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy #1) by Richelle Mead

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lynn8605
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy #1) by Richelle Mead

Post by Lynn8605 »

Vampire Academy is a very captivating story. It follows some of the classic tales about vampires when it comes to the Strigoi but throws a little twist in when coming to the Moroi by throwing in magic. Then having the Dhampirs is a great addition. I love the connection Rose and Lissa have. I love that you think the story is going one way and then the author takes it somewhere else. I read this story a few years ago and it definitely became my favorite vampire series and I continued to read the other books in the series. This is a definite must read!!! But warning. . It's addictive and you WILL keep going to the next book and you will NOT be able to stop.
Jjnessie 33
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjnessie-33.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by Jjnessie 33 »

great series. I loved it it's not my favourite but its my second favourite. It was very creative and must have taken a lot of research on the different kinds of vampires.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Londera
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 391
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Post by Londera »

This Vampire Academy Series is an amazing series. It really stands out amoung the countless Young Adult vampire fiction. It is well written,smart and has character development unlike many other series in the vampire genre. The friendship between Rose and Lissa is just so refreshing as vampire series tend to focus on the love interest between a vampire male and human female. I love how they focused more on the friendship between them as opposed to romantic relationships,though there is plenty of that. I could not put this book down and read it in like two days. I also love the movie, though it wasnt very well received critically or commercially. This just reminds me that I need to finish the series. :shhh: :geek2:
Chiamaka
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Chiamaka »

I completely love this story. It really touched me, and I love the fact that it focused more on thier friendship than their love stories. It gave the bond between the girls more importance than their love affairs and I really enjoyed that.
JennMck86

Post by JennMck86 »

One of my absolute favorite series! Richelle Mead is a superb author and I have loved every single thing she's written. This series is no different and I devoured every single book. It's so well written! The character development is wonderful and the forbidden romance is fantastic. It's a very traditional case of older man and younger woman with a more appropriately aged young man thrown in the middle. There's tons of action, soul strong friendships, and it gave me all the feels.
Toshia
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 912">First Grave on the Right</a>
Bookshelf Size: 513
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toshia.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly

Post by Toshia »

Love, love love, love, love these books!
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly
cadizsa
Currently Reading:

Post by cadizsa »

was truly a roller coaster read. I personally loved this book because of its extreme creativity. You always hear about vampire books and shows and they all seem be along the same lines, but Richelle Mead twists this category into a new one. Vampires are not called vampires, vampires are not the only type of vampire to exist, and vampires do not just suck blood for fun. I loved the fact that Mead created her own species of the mythical creature. Vampire Academy was an extremely easy yet capturing and addicting read for me. The plot twists that covered this book were unreal, causing extreme amounts of emotion to well up inside of me. Mead successfully brought out the hate, love, sadness, and anger not only within the characters, but the reader themselves. My reactions to this book were so deep that I surprised myself; I never knew I could be so attached to characters! I do enjoy the Vampire Academy series, but the one thing Mead could work on is her diction. She lacks broad vocabulary and I wish she used more extravagant wording.
MiziS_1305
Favorite Book: The Lost Symbol
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mizis-1305.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by MiziS_1305 »

I have watched the movie and read the series as well. At first, I liked the movie as it was only after watching it that I decided to read the entire series. But after finishing the first book I realized a movie adaptation can't do justice with this book. Stil movie is also a worth watch and the man playing Dmitri is charming, dashing man who perfectly fits in the role.

As for book, for me it was among the could-not-stop-turning-pages book. I completed the six book series in five days. Though the plot was not pragmatic, this was the first time I adored the romantic relationship between student and teacher. And yes, Rose is the female protagonist I can relate myself with (except for her relationship part).
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

If you love vampires definitely check out Thirst by Christopher Pike. I really enjoyed the vampire academy books, only on the 4th one. Vampire diaries is really good too, I didn't read The Originals or the book that was written years after the first installment. Its fun to see the different lore and the characters motivation in each series.
MummRa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by MummRa »

After watching Vampire Academy I have been wanting to read the series. I am a true believer in the books are always better!
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daphne-asir.html
Latest Review: WALK TALL - create your own self-confidence by Ki Is Your Host

Post by daphne_asir »

I read this series recently and I have to admit I loved it. It had a wonderful story and it just drew me in. Can't believe I waited so long to read this series.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

MummRa wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 13:17 After watching Vampire Academy I have been wanting to read the series. I am a true believer in the books are always better!
That's so true! The books are way better than the movies!
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

Sakilunamermaid wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 20:37 If you love vampires definitely check out Thirst by Christopher Pike. I really enjoyed the vampire academy books, only on the 4th one. Vampire diaries is really good too, I didn't read The Originals or the book that was written years after the first installment. Its fun to see the different lore and the characters motivation in each series.

I've never heard of the book you mentioned, will give it a try! Thanks for the recommendation!
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

Toshia wrote: 21 Oct 2017, 19:35 Love, love love, love, love these books!
I completely agree with you, lately this is the best series I've read! I'm even obsessed with its spin-off, bloodlines.
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

Chiamaka wrote: 09 Jul 2017, 10:01 I completely love this story. It really touched me, and I love the fact that it focused more on thier friendship than their love stories. It gave the bond between the girls more importance than their love affairs and I really enjoyed that.
I know! Lisa and Rose were amazing! They were even more powered than Dimitri and Christian.
Shirley Jackson

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”