Review of Doomsday

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Teresa Raj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teresa-raj.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Review of Doomsday

Post by Teresa Raj »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Doomsday" by R. L. Gemmill.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you ever wonder, what kind of experience would it be to live in a world attacked by a Demon Apocalypse.? If not, then Doomsday by R. L. Gemmil takes you exactly to that feeling.

The story begins with Kelly Bishop who lives with her elder brother Jon, younger brother Travis and their parents. One night returning home they get into an accident and loose their parents which changes their life up side down. After that they were forced to live their lives as orphans apart from each other. Finally seven years later they moved to the house of their foster parents Chris and Angie McCormick who accepted and cherished them all as their own children. Jon who was the eldest and didn't want to let go the memories of their real parents also started accepting the McCormicks.

Happiness had once again filled their lives with joy when they decided to go on a trip to Pandora's cave together as a family and that's when the tables turned again when they encounter an earthquake which got them trapped in a cave with demons who were planing to take over humans.

Will they be able to get out of the cave safely.? Will the others believe their demon theory.? And most important will they be able to survive when the demon force comes after them in the dark.? If these questions arise in your mind then I definitely suggest you to read this book and find out. This book is the first one in the doomsday series by R. L. Gemmil so this one will definitely make you want to read the rest of the series.

The book keeps the reader interacting with the story through the character's perspective which is again a good thing which makes you feel as if you are experiencing the situation with the character itself. The author also has done a great job expressing small details for example like the demons were expressed perfectly so that you get the exact idea of what the demon's actually look like.

I really love the way this book not only tells demons story but also talks about the problems faced by the characters as a teenager and as a family which makes their bond even more stronger. I would say this novel is a great combination of thriller, emotional and heart touching stories which will make you want to read more.

There is nothing that I actually didn't like about this book except the point where I wondered what the other characters are doing when the story was going through one character's perspective like when the story is through Kelly's perspective we only know what's going on around her and not about the other character's but that's also good to get more familiar with the characters plus later on it is all explained clearly.

I will give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars as this book really fulfills the readers expectations. There are no errors or profanities used in the book. I would recommend this book to all teenage and adult audience who love to read thriller fantasy.

Doomsday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”