Review of Legends of Andolin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: Review of Legends of Andolin

Post by Saint Bruno »

I hope I can wish for both? If yes, I wish she finds her brother and hides the artifact well enough. Thanks for the insightful review and recommendation.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I love to get in on the beginning of a series and this sounds like a good one. Thanks for the review!
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

Adella’s characteristics perhaps really nerving, but the author constructed her role by purpose. Thanks for your honest and explicit review that made me gave this book a go.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

TheMazeRunner wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 05:39 This is a perfect book for adventure lovers. Great review!
Thank you!
markodim721 wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 12:21 I think it’s great that the author has paid full attention to character development. That is the basis of every good novel. Thanks for the good review.
Thank you for the comment!
Mayur Arjune wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 12:35 The book is about sorian has played great role in the story surrounded by virtues. Review is also excellent, I kept reading it.
Hope you enjoy it :)
kandscreeley wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 12:39 I love books for this age audience. It sounds like an interesting story. However, I wonder if I would be able to get past the slow start. Thanks for the review.
Thank you. You could check out the sample, and get a feel of it. Maybe that would help.
Black Jewel wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 13:54 I have the feeling that I am somewhat too old to fully appreciate this story, but it sounds like a good read all the same. Thanks for the great review.
Aww, I understand. Thank you though!
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Josephe-Anne wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 06:33 The names of the characters and locations sound familiar. I like the fact that the characters are well developed and that there isn't much violence because science fiction books can sometimes be gory.

Thank you for an excellent review!
:tiphat:
Oh I agree. I like how this is a bit mellow and easier for newer readers. Thank you :)
Eloque3locks wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 06:36 This sounds like a great adventure story, perfect for a Sunday afternoon. Great work with such a detailed review. 👍
Thank you for your kind comment!
Saint Bruno wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 17:36 I hope I can wish for both? If yes, I wish she finds her brother and hides the artifact well enough. Thanks for the insightful review and recommendation.
Thank you!
Amy Luman wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 19:19 I love to get in on the beginning of a series and this sounds like a good one. Thanks for the review!
Hope you enjoy it. There is only one book out so far!
IamJc_Bembo12 wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 11:02 Adella’s characteristics perhaps really nerving, but the author constructed her role by purpose. Thanks for your honest and explicit review that made me gave this book a go.
I love it when an author does a great job with the characters! Thank you :)
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I also think the author did a great job devising an entire civilization. Few authors possess the qualities needed for such a thing.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

markodim721 wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 04:06 I also think the author did a great job devising an entire civilization. Few authors possess the qualities needed for such a thing.
Indeed! Thank you for stopping by!
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

Your review was well done and appealing. I kept going over it. Good job.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Uzo_Reviews wrote: 01 Aug 2021, 00:01 Your review was well done and appealing. I kept going over it. Good job.
Thank you :D
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your informative review. Looks like Adella's character will have a lot of room for development as the story progresses.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Sou Hi wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 03:55 Thanks for your informative review. Looks like Adella's character will have a lot of room for development as the story progresses.
Thank you for your comment! I agree :)
AbhyarnaAman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhyarnaaman.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by AbhyarnaAman »

I love the plot and believe I would enjoy reading it!! thanks for the insightful review :)
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.
By Rob White
DTamara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtamara.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by DTamara »

I feel like I would enjoy this too, cannot go wrong with a good quality development and a magical adventure. Nice review!
Rwill0988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 499
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rwill0988.html

Post by Rwill0988 »

Because of the slow start and how Adella seems to be immature at the beginning, I'd be hesitant to read the book. It seems like it go better and I'm wondering how far into the book were you before it started to pick up? Also did you find that this book stood alone or does it require the next book in the series to be complete? Thank you for the informative review.
“Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three and you give me a very dangerous enemy indeed.” ~ The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

AbhyarnaAman wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 06:50 I love the plot and believe I would enjoy reading it!! thanks for the insightful review :)
Thank you :)
DTamara wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 11:07 I feel like I would enjoy this too, cannot go wrong with a good quality development and a magical adventure. Nice review!
Thank you. I agree!
Rwill0988 wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 18:40 Because of the slow start and how Adella seems to be immature at the beginning, I'd be hesitant to read the book. It seems like it go better and I'm wondering how far into the book were you before it started to pick up? Also did you find that this book stood alone or does it require the next book in the series to be complete? Thank you for the informative review.
Thank you! I believe this can be read as a stand-alone. Although, the book does end with the promise of a sequel. I do not think it's necessary to read the sequel unless you are absolutely devoted to certain characters or if you want to know what happens next. Personally, I feel satisfied with the ending.
Also, I understand why a person would be hesitant. Liking a character is very important to me, but in a way, I am glad I pulled through this book.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”